CM Download Numbers

General chat about FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod that not belongs to any of the other categories.
MadMakz

CM Download Numbers

Postby MadMakz » 30 Jul 2015, 18:33

Today i'd like to share some realtime numbers regarding CinematicMod.

I'm running the primary download site since (end of) December 2013 so the following data was collected starting from there.

Within this time till today, CM2013 had
Downloads if we take the "part01"'s as reference numbers.

If we sum up all parts from CM2013 we have
Downloads Total.

But as you might know, untill the DMCA complaint we had CM 11 & 12 on GetsIO too. So lets add their total numbers too...
Downloads Total, CM 11-2013, all parts, since Dec. 2013.

(Do your math what that means in bandwidth ;) )

Ontop of these numbers, lets not forget that these do not count other sources like those of zeibig and the torrents.

That's quiet some archivement there FAKEFACTORY ;D

jcgeny

Re: CM Download Numbers

Postby jcgeny » 03 Aug 2015, 09:30

that is not so much..and not worth the success that the mod deserves ...
it s fake factory 's fault , as well as the forum being spammed : he does all alone so there are not so much people here or playing the mod...

like i wrote before in the forum , the mod and its work should be transformed into a new game with a reorganization of maps orders and monsters .
plus few others thing so the cinematic mod became original and no longer a straight copy of hl2

MadMakz

Re: CM Download Numbers

Postby MadMakz » 03 Aug 2015, 14:30

It's alot if you consider CM probably had it's high in the earlier days and it's singleplayer. If you'd make a CM post each month to reddit's /r/games, the numbers would be significantly higher.

When CM2013 hit reddit the first time the downloads increased more than 10 times for about 3 or 4 days and i had to add extra servers.

The Torrent also had a significant number of downloads.
I do not store longtime stats from my tracker so i have no actual numbers. The past 24 days it has been 808 times completed however. This doesn't include seeds by DHT only.
The .torrent has been downloaded nearly 18000 times.

The 2013 downloads from zeibigs mirror should also be somewhere in the 10k (+ the older pre 2013 versions he had way longer than i did).

So CM2013 is more likely in the 100k+ downloads range. That makes about 130+ downloads per day (2 years) on average for a mod that hasn't got much news coverage in the past 1 1/2 years.

Return to “On-Topic”