Which Alyx models can I use in V10.94?

Senses

Re: Which Alyx models can I use in V10.94?

Postby Senses » 18 Apr 2011, 17:37

Okay, I've been trying to find out if I can replace textures myself, and it pretty much worked!
She has a face and a body now.
I am only missing 2 textures, the first is called 'FrontHaar' and the other 'V30_Limbs'.
If anybody can send me those 2 textures (4 files) it would be great!
Thank you!

megakoresh

Postby megakoresh » 18 Apr 2011, 20:19

Many thanks.
I dont have to extract the .qc now!

I found you your "Limbs" but there is no texture called FrontHaar, and there is not even a texture that has either haar or front part in its name. I was only able to find these textures with "hair" in their names. But them into Adriana and Alyx folders. I dunno, what "fronthaar is. Well. Good luck.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d4vx1xkc7 ... xtures.rar
Add models to Character Pimper here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=623&p=2919#p2919
If your CP model appears as default:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

Senses

Postby Senses » 18 Apr 2011, 21:24

That's really weird, cause in the last line of the .mdl file of the textures you sent me it refers to a texture called FrontHaar.
It's really there ;|)
Anyway, it is a texture for the hair that is in front of Alyx's face.
Thanks for the other textures!

megakoresh

Postby megakoresh » 20 Apr 2011, 00:06

The end of the .mdl file will not lead you to the texture, You need to extract it and look for textures in .qc file that is stored in the .mdl archive alond with the reference and animation models. Send me the final resulting screenshot if you still have textures missing and I will see what I can dig up.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

Senses

Postby Senses » 20 Apr 2011, 10:10

Well, after some fiddling, I managed to find what I was looking for...
So, she's complete again ;|) !
Thanks for all the help!

If you open up the .mdl file of your model (this file is in the repository folders once you followed Megokoresh's method), at the very last line some textures are mentioned. What I did was look for these texures and if I couldn't find them I looked up what the names mean (some are in German). They are given pretty logical names, like 'V60_Face' or something like that. So if I you are missing a texture, you might be able to find a good replacement or one that has a different name in your textures folder. Basically, I looked through the textures (.vtf files) with a vtf-editor (google it, can be found in no time). With that, you can see the texture image. Let's say that I saw a 'V60_Face' reference in the last line of the .mdl file, I would than look for Alyx's face in the textures map. For instance I found: 'MP_Face.vtf' to be a face I would want on my model. Now, I knew the 'V60_Face' was required, so I simply copied the 'MP_Face.vtf' texture into the textures folder and renamed it to 'MP_Face.vtf', and voila! By using this very inefficient method, you can actually replace any texture used by a model.

I know there must be a different way, but that's how I did it!
Attachments
Alyx2.jpg
Last edited by Senses on 20 Apr 2011, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

megakoresh

Postby megakoresh » 20 Apr 2011, 15:34

@Senses I am happy I could help.

@Moderators, I think this should be sticky because it is a very popular question.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

Redsoxx

Postby Redsoxx » 20 Apr 2011, 15:49

@megakoresh

hey ;) .. iam really glad for this solution of the model problem ive tried to solve quite a few times .. thanks for that ;)

but you mentioned earlier in this thread that you have all models and textures from CM 4 - 10.94 .. is there any way you could upload them ? .. not the whole mods .. and not all models and textures .. just the files in the repository for alyx and the textures needed for her models .. that would be really great :) ..

it would´nt be a problem at all to download all CM versions myself and extract the required stuff .. and i did as far as i could .. but most versions aren´t only anymore .. and thats a pity

greetings, soxx

megakoresh

Postby megakoresh » 20 Apr 2011, 20:14

I do not have sufficient upload speed to upload all models that I have. That said the total weight of them is around 30 GB because the textures are EXTREMELY heavy.

Now if you request one or several specific models post the screen/same of the model that you want, and I will do the same as I did for Senses.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

Loken

Postby Loken » 21 Apr 2011, 11:52

Any chance you could upload the missing textures that you found? I wanted to use the same model and I'm completely lost trying to find these missing texture files.

Zérg

Postby Zérg » 21 Apr 2011, 20:39

Loken wrote:Any chance you could upload the missing textures that you found? I wanted to use the same model and I'm completely lost trying to find these missing texture files.

Same with me, I'm trying to get older versions working too, but having problems...

Sad how silent these forums are these days though...

Return to “Cinematic Mod 10”