Which Alyx models can I use in V10.94?

Senses

Which Alyx models can I use in V10.94?

Postby Senses » 06 Dec 2010, 16:29

Hi all,

First of all, I absolutely love this cinematic mod!
One of the best games of all times made even better, and sexier.
I have a question though, I downloaded and installed CM 10.90 and the update to 10.94.
Though, I am missing some Alyx models shown in the pictures of CM 10.
Figured out that that was Alyx V90 (the long hair lima alyx), which I absolutely love!
The hair, the outfits, I would really like to have that model!
So, is that still possible in 10.94? And if so, how do I get that model?
And can I add even more models to the latest version of CM?

Thanks!

megakoresh

Re: Which Alyx models can I use in V10.94?

Postby megakoresh » 08 Dec 2010, 17:00

An easy answer: absolutely all, with some possible glitches though. But there you mainly have to look if you have correct textures from certain mods installed. I have been using this mod since version 5 LOL, and I know that mainly all bugs exist because textures vary in different mods.
Add models to Character Pimper here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=623&p=2919#p2919
If your CP model appears as default:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

Senses

Postby Senses » 08 Dec 2010, 18:00

Oké, I downloaded the Alyx V90 model, it consists of 2 maps, 'models' and 'materials'.
I also downloaded the Adult Pimper, but I can't seem to get this model in the game!
Can you describe how to do that? Cause I've tried about everything and obviously I'm doing something wrong:P
Or are these two maps not enough?

megakoresh

Postby megakoresh » 11 Dec 2010, 21:14

IGNORE THAT! WROTE A BETTER TUTORIAL BELOW
II
V

Ok here is how to do that:
1) Go to Adult_Alyx_model_creator folder (whatever its called, something like that at least)
2) There you will have folders like "models", "materials", pictures and stuff
3) The model file (not the textures) FOLDERS move to models/HL2/Aly1, Aly2, Aly3 and so on. Just copy and paste them there. Then copy paste them into folders like Ep1 game, EP1Intro. When copying to EP2 its really important to copy and paste into EACH folder (they have names like INSILO OUTERSOLI PREHUNTER AFTERHUNTER)
3) When you are done copying model folders (Remember folders with the model files, not the files themselves) copy FILES of materials into materials folder inside Alyx_adult_model creator folder. I currently dont have that adult pimper installed (I use another method since I have all models from Cm4 and up) so I cant tell exact names of the folders. Sorry.
4) Finally start installnewmodel.exe it is in the root of Alyx models creator folder and select install model, then click clothed (For another option go back to Adult pimper website ;) ) and after you have given it a name OF EXACTLY 7 CHARACTERS install it.
5) Start you character pimper and you should be able to see your V9 model in there. Happy gaming!

P.S. If you want to install many models at once and don't want to repeat all these steps every time, you have to follow another method, which can cause easily fixable glitches but is much faster.
Last edited by megakoresh on 12 May 2011, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

killerboxer

Postby killerboxer » 15 Dec 2010, 23:52

For people like me, choosing the same model for all episodes, it's boring to select "model", then click on "load" button, and do that at many times per espisode with character pimper...

Do you know if there is a shortcut to install Alyx model once for all episodes ?

Is it possible you do anything about it or add an option "select this model for all episodes" in Character pimper ?

megakoresh

Postby megakoresh » 18 Dec 2010, 11:55

killerboxer wrote:For people like me, choosing the same model for all episodes, it's boring to select "model", then click on "load" button, and do that at many times per espisode with character pimper...

Do you know if there is a shortcut to install Alyx model once for all episodes ?

Is it possible you do anything about it or add an option "select this model for all episodes" in Character pimper ?

Same here. Anyone? Is there a solution for that?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

TheCl0wn

Postby TheCl0wn » 26 Dec 2010, 16:47

Hello, I'm having a similiar issue like the OP but I do dumb to get it working the way described above.

I would like to use this model --> http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/48283
with CinematicMod V.10.94

I simply don't get along with the instructions, it would be very kind if somebody would help me...

EDIT:

Meanwhile I solved the problem myself. Still I would be glad if somebody might give me a newer version of this model, maybe from the early CM 10 Releases?

megakoresh

Postby megakoresh » 04 Jan 2011, 00:28

TheCl0wn wrote:Hello, I'm having a similiar issue like the OP but I do dumb to get it working the way described above.

I would like to use this model --> http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/48283
with CinematicMod V.10.94

I simply don't get along with the instructions, it would be very kind if somebody would help me...

EDIT:

Meanwhile I solved the problem myself. Still I would be glad if somebody might give me a newer version of this model, maybe from the early CM 10 Releases?

I know that model and I regret to say that there is no newer version of it. I, however have another model from CM9 that has the same valve-style head mesh. I can give it to you, but it is about 100MB so I don't really know how.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

Senses

Postby Senses » 04 Jan 2011, 19:31

Hey Megakoresh,

Thanks for the description of inserting models!
I get the feeling that I'm very close, yet, it doesn't work so I must be doing something wrong:P
What I have is the following: I have a 'models' folder containing:
alyn.dx80.vtx, alyn.dx90.vtx, alyn.mdl, alyn.phy, alyn.sw.vtx, alyn.vvd.
And a 'materials' folder containing a folder that says 'models' which contains a folder that says: 'Adriana'. In the last folder are a lot of .vtf and .vmt files.
That is exactly what I have downloaded.

Now, in the folder 'Alyx_Adult-Model_Creator' there is a 'Resources' folder.
In there, is the 'Materials' folder, containing two other folders: 'Adult_Version' and 'Clothed_Version'.
I have put all the .vtf and .vmt FILES from the downloaded Materials folder in there! In the 'Materials', 'Adult_Version, and 'Clothed_Version' folders!

Next, in 'Resources' there are maps that are named after stages of the game: 'EP1 Game', 'EP1 Intro', etc.
In each one is a folder called 'My_Mod1'. I copied the entire downloaded 'models' FOLDER (with all the .vtx and other files in it) into both 'My_Mod1' and the 'EP1 Game', 'EP1 Intro', etc. folders.

Then, when I use model creator, nothing happens! It says model created, but when I open Character Pimper, I DO see the name of my model, but it is just the Adult model template! I also checked that in-game, when I select that model, I get the standard Adult template! Does this mean I have to delete the files that were already in the folders? Or did I do something wrong? Thanks for the help!

megakoresh

Postby megakoresh » 07 Jan 2011, 20:28

Dude. I am sorry I have not told you this earlier but there is actually a way easier solution.

1) Go to you original Character Pimper folder and from there to AutoPlay and then to Repository folder.

2)In there you will see folders like ALYX_DECALS; Combine and so on. We are interested in folders EP1 Game; EP1 Intro; EP2 Game and HL2

3) With HL2 everything is easy, just copy the folder containing dx9, dx8, mdl and all those files in Folders Aly1, Aly2 and so on

EP1Game and intro are easy too: do the same thing, just copy this folder in there along.

4) EP2 Game. Here things start to get complicated. As Alyx changes throughout the episode folders change accordingly. I would recommend for now do the same I said to do with HL2 and Episode one and then tell me if it worked.

5) Now the textures. The Adriana folder and VALYX folder are needed for that CM7 model as well as FF_Humans folder. You will have to merge Those folders containing vtf files with the ones inside the ame directories. So go for example to your hl2/materials/models and paste all 3 folders in there merging if necessary but NOT replacing if some files already exist. Do the same for all games and run Character Pimper. You should see your model available for install now.
Last edited by megakoresh on 21 Jan 2011, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661
Get Firefall beta invite

Return to “Cinematic Mod 10”