Successful CM 10.42 Install

Prinny God

Re: Successful CM 10.42 Install

Postby Prinny God » 08 Aug 2010, 20:49

Jodeth wrote:
NeroEST wrote:
Prinny God wrote:Will Hl2/ep1/ep2 achievements work if I do this?

Hey.
Same question, how could i play the mod with achievements tracking ( i.e. runing the game from steam )

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

Do achievements really matter? C'mon, games are about fun, not Oooh lookie at what I unlocked! :P

So? Why does it matter to you that I want to finish a game for the achievements? I've beaten the hl2 games multiple times and getting the achievements gives me another reason to finish it.

Jodeth

Postby Jodeth » 08 Aug 2010, 22:29

Prinny God wrote:
Jodeth wrote:

So? Why does it matter to you that I want to finish a game for the achievements? I've beaten the hl2 games multiple times and getting the achievements gives me another reason to finish it.

So get the achievements on the normal hl2 games until FF makes them work on the Mod. Doesn't matter to me.

Prinny God

Postby Prinny God » 09 Aug 2010, 00:49

Jodeth wrote:
Prinny God wrote:
Jodeth wrote:

So get the achievements on the normal hl2 games until FF makes them work on the Mod. Doesn't matter to me.

Oookay, so it doesn't matter to you that I get achievements for hl2 but yet some how it matters to you that I asked if Achievements would be possible HL2 with FF? Was there really a point in having this conversation?

Jodeth

Postby Jodeth » 09 Aug 2010, 08:19

Prinny God wrote:
Jodeth wrote:

Oookay, so it doesn't matter to you that I get achievements for hl2 but yet some how it matters to you that I asked if Achievements would be possible HL2 with FF? Was there really a point in having this conversation?

No, none of it matters to me. Ask whatever you want. I just think Steam achievements in a mod is a weird idea, kinda like cheating considering the gameplay is enhanced over vanilla hl2. Seems like wasteful coding when FF could be fixing errors like in the "Red Letter Day" chapter (eg: the teleport not spinning & Dr. Breen not looking surprised when he sees Gordan, etc.). Achievements should wait to be implemented last.

NadTheBat

Postby NadTheBat » 13 Aug 2010, 11:09

Jodeth wrote:
NeroEST wrote:
Prinny God wrote:Will Hl2/ep1/ep2 achievements work if I do this?

Hey.
Same question, how could i play the mod with achievements tracking ( i.e. runing the game from steam )

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

Do achievements really matter? C'mon, games are about fun, not Oooh lookie at what I unlocked! :P

Hmm I don't know, I own a PS3 aswell and I alyways try to get every trophy for a game, before my friends. Nowadays you need a way to show you actually did something, kids today need proof of everything. I miss the good old NES days where you were cool for just owning the game.

Prinny God

Postby Prinny God » 13 Aug 2010, 15:56

Agreed. I remember how it used to be like that too, if you played a crazy hard game that no one could finish, I would just explain the ending of the such game.

But I just get the achievements for fun, most games these days don't really have much replay value as games a while back. Replaying games to unlock special features in game were always better then getting achievements/trophies.

vry

Postby vry » 24 Aug 2010, 09:57

@ elauzel:

thank you for your post.

i also experienced the error when i started Ep0/1/2 but after installing Source SDK/Base 2006/2007 everything works again.

blackhamachi

Postby blackhamachi » 26 Aug 2010, 09:32

hi there..thank you FF for the great mod...am new here, so...i just want to ask if do i really need to update my orangebox via steam (?)

omarkahn

Postby omarkahn » 29 Aug 2010, 09:14

you can just install the sdk's and it works fine as well, no need to go through all the steps. thankfully i found this post before i uninstalled everything. (thumb_1)

blackhamachi

Postby blackhamachi » 29 Aug 2010, 09:40

omarkahn wrote:you can just install the sdk's and it works fine as well, no need to go through all the steps. thankfully i found this post before i uninstalled everything. (thumb_1)

hey there...wr to get sdk's? i have a copy of orangebox from my friend...does it work?? do i need to get sdk 2009? or just 2007?

Return to “Cinematic Mod 10”