looking to finish strong. Were loo

Support for Character Pimper related problems.
lw789

looking to finish strong. Were loo

Postby lw789 » 24 May 2018, 03:58

BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. -- If the first snowboard slopestyle competition of the season is any indication, Canada may have a lot to cheer for when the event makes its Olympic debut in Sochi in February. Reginas Mark McMorris took gold at the Dew Tour on Sunday, finishing the 17-man field with a 97.80 points, while fellow Canadian Maxence Parrot of Bromont, Que., finished third with 89.00. Montreals Sebastien Toutant placed fourth with 87.60. Sven Thorgren of Sweden prevented Canada from sweeping the podium, taking silver with 91.00 points. "Canada is just destroying it right now," McMorris said. "The slopes team is really strong and I think were going to have a really good showing in Sochi." After a fall in qualifying, McMorris collected 95.00 points in his first run of the final, which featured his signature straight double backflip, and a backside 1080 double cork. He capped his second run with a 1440 triple cork. "I was going at the last jump not sure what I wanted to do exactly, a double (cork) or a triple (cork), but if Im not at the head of the pack going into my second run, Im definitely going to have to go for it," said the 20-year-old McMorris. "I had nothing to lose. I told myself everything was going perfect and I had to do a triple." For Parrot, Sundays performance marked his first career medal in three years on the Dew Tour circuit. "Its great to finally get on the podium," Parrot said. "I think Im feeling more and more comfortable with my manoeuvres and executing them at high speed." Like McMorris, Parrot was happy to see Canada excel at the seasons opening event. "We got three Canadians in the top 4 so I think thats pretty good," the 19-year-old said. "We had the possibility to get a sweep of the podium and I think it would be possible in the next events and that would be amazing." American snowboarding star Shaun White was forced to drop out of Sundays event after injuring his ankle on a fall in the halfpipe finals on Saturday. McMorris said he was disappointed to hear that his stiffest competition had to withdraw. "It was too bad he couldnt compete today," McMorris said. "But his ankle is hurt and nobody likes to be hurt." The Canadian slope team travels to Copper Mountain in Copper, Colo., next weekend for the first of four Grand Prix events ahead of the Winter Games. The following three competitions will be held in Northstar, Calif., and a double stop at Mammoth, Calif. Toutant said Sundays event was a good measuring stick to begin the season. "It was our first competition this season and it was a great opportunity to see where everyone is at," he said. "Im looking forward to now preparing for the World Cups and hopefully the Olympics in the New Year." Christian Fischer Jersey . Since coming to the big leagues in late May, La Stella is 6 for 7 with the bases loaded, driving in 13 runs in those at-bats. Max Domi Jersey . -- Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe was alert and recovering at a Denver hospital Saturday after suffering seizure-like symptoms when the teams bus pulled into the airport Friday afternoon for the flight to Kansas City. http://www.hockeycoyotesproshop.com/Coy ... as-Jersey/. Pospisil, from Vancouver, and Sock will compete for the title against defending champions and top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States, who defeated the 12th-seeded French duo of Michael Llodra and Nicolas Mahut 7-6 (4), 6-3, 6-2. Arizona Coyotes Jerseys . The ongoing funk on penalty kill and an unusually quiet night on home ice for the power play divided the Leafs from the Bruins at the ACC in a rare Sunday night affair. Shane Doan Jersey . -- Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford made it through a third straight practice without any setbacks and expects to play in Oaklands regular-season finale against San Diego.TORONTO -- The playoffs are as far out of reach as theyve ever been. Same goes for a first winning season. But as Toronto FC embarks on the final quarter of the 2013 Major League Soccer campaign, the players and their head coach insist a lot is at stake, from pride to jobs to momentum for next season. "If you think theres only nine games left and you have to pick yourself up and get motivated, then you shouldnt be playing," striker Robert Earnshaw said Thursday after the Reds completed their final training session ahead of Fridays match at BMO Field against the visiting New England Revolution. "Theres always something to play for." Toronto (4-12-9) begins the weekend 15 points adrift of the Revolution (10-9-6), who are tied with the Houston Dynamo for the fifth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot. As has so often been the case over their seven years in existence, talk as the Reds head into autumn is about next season. And, after a relatively decent run of form over the past six matches (2-2-2), players believe they are now developing a cohesion following another season of tremendous roster turnover. Performances have improved and become more consistent. Players say more positive results will come over the final nine matches if that trend continues, offering supporters proof better days are ahead. "Weve come a long way since the beginning of the year," said striker Andrew Wiedeman. "All the players, all the coaches, all the staff, we know it, we see it every day out here in training. "But it would be nice to get some wins and show the fans as well, and carry some momentum into next year." Captain Steven Caldwell said despite the fact its all but a mathematical certainty Toronto will miss the post-season for a seventh straight year, theres no shortage of motivation down the stretch. "Maybe we cant make the playoffs but we really want to finish the season on a high," the defender said. "Were trying to build something here, so when youre building anything, you need momentum. "Were working extremely hard on achieving consistency and that (improved) level of performance and these niine games are crucially important to letting everyone know where this team is going.dddddddddddd" In New England, Toronto faces a team rounding into form at the right time. Back-to-back home victories over Chicago and Philadelphia have put the Revolution into the thick of the playoff race. If they make it three straight wins Friday, they would move, at least temporarily, into a second place tie in the East. Midfielder Kelyn Rowe, who had a pair of goals in last weeks 5-1 thrashing of Philadelphia to earn MLS player of the week honours, and striker Juan Agudelo, who also notched a brace in that match, each have three goals in the last two games. New Englands attack also features Diego Fagundez, the clubs leading scorer with eight goals and six assists. This is the rubber match of the season series between the clubs after they split two games in Foxborough, Mass. Fagundez and Agudelo scored in a 2-0 New England win in May with Toronto avenging that with a 1-0 result earlier this month on an early strike by the now-injured Matias Laba. Toronto head coach Ryan Nelsen said in New England he sees a lot of positive signs for his club. "Theyve had their pains of a couple of years and I think theyre just starting to blossom," Nelsen said of a Revolution side which last made the playoffs in 2009. "The young boys are just starting to mature, theyve got a lot of games under their belt now and youre starting to see the best of them. "Its very similar to where we are. Weve got a good set of young guys and very soon theyll become hardened MLS pros." Among those prospective stars of the future for Toronto is hometown midfielder Jonathan Osorio, who is expected to start Friday despite being substituted out after 34 minutes with a sore ankle in last Saturdays 1-1 draw against D.C. United in Washington. "Were looking to finish strong. Were looking at it as a nine-game season," said Osorio, who has five goals in 22 matches and is in the conversation for MLS rookie of the year. "If we can bring momentum from the end of the season we can start next pre-season knowing we can be really good in this league." Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap Black China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Return to “Character Pimper”