Ambient Occlusion with an Nvidia card

Technical support for ALL VERSIONS of FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod.
Please post Character Pimper related questions in the Character Pimper section!
Whisper117s

Ambient Occlusion with an Nvidia card

Postby Whisper117s » 08 Nov 2010, 21:37

Hello everyone !

First i'd like to thank the creator of this amazing mod which trully changes and improves the original HL2 experience. I enjoy pretty much everything about it: the new lighting, the HD models, the hollywood style music...

The mod is working great with the last patch (10.94), I just can't activate the ambient occlusion option in the nvidia driver's panel.

I worked fine with the original half-life 2 executable though, but when i try to create a new profile for the CM mod exe it says that the ambient occlusion option is not supported for this application.

Long story short, is there a way to activiate this option for the Cinematic Mod ?

NadTheBat

Re: Ambient Occlusion with an Nvidia card

Postby NadTheBat » 22 Nov 2010, 00:10

NEVER change settings for a game using Nvidia's or ATI's control panels. Switch all the settings to "Let the Application Decide".

nusihb

Postby nusihb » 24 Nov 2010, 07:26

What's wrong with using Nvidia/Ati CPL?
You can't get the transparency AA to work otherwise?

About the ambient occlusion, I don't think it's compatible with FFs way of using lighting...

NadTheBat

Postby NadTheBat » 24 Nov 2010, 23:53

You shouldn't use control panels provided by ATI or Nvidia because they can cause graphical glitches if you actually decide to change the settings in game.

nusihb

Postby nusihb » 28 Nov 2010, 06:26

If you have an Nvidia card, you can manipulate the game profiles (and force ambient occlusion) with the 'Nvidia inspector' tool.
I'm using (forcing) ambient occlusion with Nvidia GTX580 SLI, and it works fine.... anyways, with this tool you can at least try.

Return to “Cinematic Mod”