MountAppFilesystem() Failed you don't have all the GCF

Technical support for ALL VERSIONS of FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod.
Please post Character Pimper related questions in the Character Pimper section!
McBaal

Re: MountAppFilesystem() Failed you don't have all the GCF

Postby McBaal » 22 May 2013, 00:25

Not working anymore, neither with CM11 nor CM12

McBaal

Postby McBaal » 22 May 2013, 15:31

The reason why gcf files are missing in the first place, is because of Valve being too stupid to fix a language bug. The language you choose via Steam is not the actual ingamelanguage. So, if you start the game Steam downloads the wrong gcf files.

Example: The german version of the game switches after the compression to a korean language version as default. the german gcf files are missing and replaced by korean gcf files. Change the ingamelanguage via steam into russian and Steam starts downloading the german gcf files. Valve just screwed up and it doesnt look like they are going to fix it.
This way i sucessfully downloaded the german gcf files for hl2 and episode 1, but it seems like it is not working with the episode 2 files. So, is there anyone able to upload the "half-life 2 episode two german.gcf" file? Pleeeaaase

Edit: Fixed it viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2224

AmenoSagiri

Postby AmenoSagiri » 14 Jun 2013, 04:31

I only read page 1 and 5. You people must have been living under a rock for awhile now. It's not a language bug, it's not a glitch, it's not caused by Valve being too lazy. Valve simply upgraded their own property and creations.

This is why this problem happened in the first place:

Valve has converted all their official games over to the new SteamPipe format, which eliminates the use for GCF Depots. That is why CM does not work. GCF's no longer exist.

This moderately messed up Garry's Mod, but that was just fixed because Garry added SteamPipe support.

So try installing the SDK's, maybe that will fix it.

EDIT: Installing the SDK's does not work. Wait for FakeFactory or a community SteamPipe patch.

HellspawnOfHalo

Postby HellspawnOfHalo » 21 Jun 2013, 01:58

Hi everyone, my name is Tyson, and this is my first time here on the forum being that I had this same issue after my recent install of CM12 on my new computer. After viewing this topic and some of the suggested fixes, nothing worked, however, I was able to fix it based on one of the suggestions. There was a suggestion of changing half-life 2 episode 2 content.gcf to half-life 2 episode 2 english.gcf. While the original file named half-life 2 episode 2 content.gcf doesnt appear as that in the steamapps folder, it is there! It's just episode 2 content.gcf. To be safe, I decided to take all the episode 2 files and copy them to my desktop, rename them all with half-life 2 in front of episode 2, and renamed the episode 2 content.gcf file to half-life 2 episode 2 english.gcf. Started up perfectly! So unless FakeFactory makes a fix, this is the fix.

tl;dr: rename all the files starting with episode 2 to half-life 2 episode 2 and rename content to english

Kevimaster

Postby Kevimaster » 26 Jun 2013, 22:29

HellspawnOfHalo wrote:Hi everyone, my name is Tyson, and this is my first time here on the forum being that I had this same issue after my recent install of CM12 on my new computer. After viewing this topic and some of the suggested fixes, nothing worked, however, I was able to fix it based on one of the suggestions. There was a suggestion of changing half-life 2 episode 2 content.gcf to half-life 2 episode 2 english.gcf. While the original file named half-life 2 episode 2 content.gcf doesnt appear as that in the steamapps folder, it is there! It's just episode 2 content.gcf. To be safe, I decided to take all the episode 2 files and copy them to my desktop, rename them all with half-life 2 in front of episode 2, and renamed the episode 2 content.gcf file to half-life 2 episode 2 english.gcf. Started up perfectly! So unless FakeFactory makes a fix, this is the fix.

tl;dr: rename all the files starting with episode 2 to half-life 2 episode 2 and rename content to english

This worked for me!

Note:

you still have to have the files "episode two content.gcf, episode two maps.gcf, and episode two materials.gcf" in your steamapps folder for it to work (at least for me). I copied the three files out to my desktop, renamed them, and put them back into the folder and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately this means it takes up an extra 2.3gb or so on your harddrive since you essentially have to have two copies of the same file, but I think its worth it to be able to play the cinematic mod!

Espier

Postby Espier » 27 Jun 2013, 02:31

So I just downloaded CM12 AND the Steam HL2 including the episodes and Lost Coast. Unfortunately I do not have the GCF files. I only have

episode 1 shared.gcf
episode one 2007 content.gc
episodic 2007 shared.gcf
half-life 2 episode one.gcf
half-life 2_koreana.gcf (from North America playing in English... not sure why this is here)

and... a lot of the source 2007 and source gcfs.

Anyways I'm missing the 'episode 2' gcfs which you guys said you can rename to get CM12 to work. Any ideas?

Grand

Postby Grand » 30 Jun 2013, 18:03

Not working here. I tried everything. I even found all the GCF from a torrent file and I tried renaming them.

Marik

Postby Marik » 04 Jul 2013, 13:29

If someone could find a solution, this will be cool.
Hate them all !!!

BogPojkin

Postby BogPojkin » 04 Jul 2013, 21:50

Bull_the_Great

Postby Bull_the_Great » 30 Dec 2014, 00:54

Hi all ... I am trying to play this MOD now but ... getting the same error ...

I placed my GCF files in :

D:\Steam D directory\SteamApps

this is the list of what I have and what I don't :

episode 1 shared.gcf YES
episode one 2007 content.gcf NO
episode two content.gcf YES
episode two maps.gcf YES
episode two materials.gcf YES
episodic 2007 Shared.gcf YES
source materials.gcf YES
source models.gcf YES
source sounds.gcf YES
Source 2007 Shared Materials.gcf YES
Source 2007 Shared Models.gcf YES
Source 2007 Shared Sounds.gcf YES
Base Source Shared Materials.gcf NO
Base Source Shared Models.gcf NO
Base Source Shared Sounds.gcf NO
half-life 2 episode one.gcf NO

the image showing exactly what I have :

http://i.imgur.com/lVFCsq8.png

so , I checked torrent sites but , it's all down to 0 seeders . why is there no FTP server at least or some direct download ? shouldn't those that made this MOD also help us with it , in a way and source that works 100% ...

can someone then give me those files ? I would create a FTP and/or new torrent of all the needed files then ...

P.S. : does cinematic mod 2013 make these files obsolete ? vpk. , steampipe and all that shenanigans ?

thanks !

Return to “Cinematic Mod”