(CM12) I need the GCFs and have been looking around, no luck

Technical support for ALL VERSIONS of FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod.
Please post Character Pimper related questions in the Character Pimper section!
Craig1287

(CM12) I need the GCFs and have been looking around, no luck

Postby Craig1287 » 04 Jul 2013, 07:15

Okay, I have HL2, HL2:EP1, HL2:EP2, Source Multiplayer Dedicated Server, Source SDK, Source SDK Base 2006, and Source SDK Base 2007 installed. Each one (games and SDKs) have been opened/run. I of course have CM12 downloaded and installed. I still need these GCFs to be able to play any of the versions of CM12:

episode two content.gcf
episode two maps.gcf
episode two materials.gcf
Base Source Shared Materials.gcf
Base Source Shared Models.gcf
Base Source Shared Sounds.gcf

I have looked around on a few forums and such and tried a lot of the things people have suggested, none have worked. I did come across people that have provided links to these GCF files to download, but they have all involved a torrent. I do not torrent, I do not nor have I ever used a torrent, and I do not want to use a torrent.

Can you guys help me out? A link to where I can get these 6 GCF files without having to use The Pirate Bay or similar torrent methods?

Marik

Re: (CM12) I need the GCFs and have been looking around, no

Postby Marik » 04 Jul 2013, 13:27

I have the same problem, me too. If someone could help us.
Thanks.
Hate them all !!!

BogPojkin

Postby BogPojkin » 04 Jul 2013, 21:58

Craig1287

Postby Craig1287 » 06 Jul 2013, 03:45

BogPojkin wrote:Se my thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2336.

I'm on this site, linked from the thread you made: http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 35&act=url

I have found the section with the 'episode two content.gcf, episode two maps.gcf, and episode two materials.gcf' files but I'm not sure which link I need to follow. There is the 'narod.yandex.ru' link and below it the 'up.optizone.ru' link.

Second thing, where on that page do I get the 'Base Source Shared Materials.gcf, Base Source Shared Models.gcf, and Base Source Shared Sounds.gcf' files? I looked under HL2, EP1, and EP2 and didn't see them listed in any.

I'll post this on that thread of yours as well. Thanks for helping me iron this out.

Kainschylde

Postby Kainschylde » 05 Aug 2013, 05:07

The shared stuff comes from the Source SDKs. They should still install fine when you load those, just the game files have been affected by steampipe.

Return to “Cinematic Mod”