It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 08:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Everybody has Purple Eyes!
PostPosted: 24 May 2013, 12:14 

Hey people,

would love to try out that amazing looking mod. But there is one Problem, it doesn't matter how often I try to install CM 12.20 and 21, all HD NPCs and Main Characters have purple eyes.

Here is what i did:
I Installed all three Source SDKs, started every game and SDK beforehand.
I downloaded CM via Torrent, 12.20 and 21.
Installed CM then copied over the 21 Patch.
Used the character pimper to choose the models
used the configurator and used all different kinds of settings

game works flawless, but everybody has purple eyes. my research lead to the conclusion that a lot of people have the problem, but nobody has an answer. whats going on? could it be that the mod doesn't work anymore with the newest steam updates of HL2?

Post subject: Re: Everybody has Purple Eyes!
PostPosted: 31 May 2013, 02:27 

well. i give up. it doesnt matter how often i reinstall, its just doesnt work. thats a shame. weird that i am the only one with this issue.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 10:32 

Hi Guys

This looks like a great mod so I have spent two days downloading all HL games and the latest Mod/ patch files and all seems well except for the purple eyes problem.

I've read it's a texture problem but I can't find a fix.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2013, 04:38 

Yeah... I followed the instructions exactly, I have all the GCF files, G-MAN has normal eyes, and I chose the hd one from the pimper, but every civilian and breen have purple eyes, I checked ep 2, and yep, breens got the purple eyes too, I tried moving the HB_eyeballxxx files from a different model, as the console gave me an error referencing those files, but nope, got another error saying
Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: models/v9_repository/hb_eyeball_r)
I can see their irises through the purple/black checkers tho, please respond fakefactory!!!!!

EDIT: I've found a zip with the eyball vtf files, and have been adding them to every folder with a vmt file, to no avail though. People whine about your character models, but i think they look pretty good, EXCEPT THEY ARE BROKEN...

Edited the $basetexture string out of the vmt files too, still get the same error, I will try reinstalling once, but after that its valve models for me, baby

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 11:07 

reinstalled... same problem could someone please tell me if they have hb_eyeball_l and hb_eyeball_r vtf files in their hl2/materials/models/v9_repository directory, and if you do, post em please

Last edited by namdamadman on 09 Jul 2013, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 18:08 

Hey,

same thing here. I don´t know how i could repair it or what I´ve done wrong... Maybe I´m to stupid for that.
I already follow the fix instructions cause of SteamPipe. And the mod itself starts without any problems. But there is also in the console that thing about the eyes.

I´m runnin here on an i5 3450, GTX480 and win 8.1 Preview... maybe there could be a problem with the graphics card? I have no idea and seems nobody can help :(

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 23:44 

Its not a graphics card problem, it is most definitely a file problem, I have an amd 7850 on win7

Did u use the torrent dl? maybe its the torrent dl thats missing something, try one of the other links, my internet is slow and I want you to guinea pig this for me lol

My best guess now is what OP said, that the newest hl2 updates have fucked with they eyes somehow, i dunno.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 00:27 

OK GUYS I DID IT. forget everything I said... New HL2 update is really messed up, it forces directx 8 on pretty much everyone and you cannot change it in the options menu. you must add
-dxlevel 95
to the launch options for hl2, ep1 and ep2

you're welcome

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 15:48 

namdamadman wrote:
OK GUYS I DID IT. forget everything I said... New HL2 update is really messed up, it forces directx 8 on pretty much everyone and you cannot change it in the options menu. you must add
-dxlevel 95
to the launch options for hl2, ep1 and ep2

you're welcome

Sadly, this did not work for me. All it did was making the game unplayable. Constant white flashing, screen going white, then black, models not loading etc. Did u do anything else?
I got the purple eye problem when i installed the hd models in the configurator. Everything was fine until then.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 07:11 

Friisern wrote:

Sadly, this did not work for me. All it did was making the game unplayable. Constant white flashing, screen going white, then black, models not loading etc. Did u do anything else?
I got the purple eye problem when i installed the hd models in the configurator. Everything was fine until then.

is your gpu a little older? you could try -dxlevel 90

the eye problem will always exist when not in dx9 (i found out about this problem on a black mesa: source forum)