**FIX FOR CM MOD 12 **- BETA STEAMPIPE PROBLEM & MISSING GCF

Technical support for ALL VERSIONS of FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod.
Please post Character Pimper related questions in the Character Pimper section!
Cap'NCook

**FIX FOR CM MOD 12 **- BETA STEAMPIPE PROBLEM & MISSING GCF

Postby Cap'NCook » 17 May 2013, 06:25

Last edited by Cap'NCook on 17 May 2013, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

Cap'NCook

Re: **FIX FOR CM MOD 12 **- BETA STEAMPIPE PROBLEM

Postby Cap'NCook » 17 May 2013, 06:34

staxx

Re: **FIX FOR CM MOD 12 **- BETA STEAMPIPE PROBLEM & MISSING

Postby staxx » 21 May 2013, 01:01

Cap'NCook wrote:
CM12BETAPIPELINEFIX.jpg

DropBox Link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jp5xiep5u0lirvt/MqAj8jEhpz

Your file is not available anymore.

I'm having a similar issue however, it says that i'm missing a especific file.

Also, yes I have all SDK, all games installed, and with a save point.

this was an strange issue that I have now, since I did play with the cinematic mod before, and did not had any issue installing, however now that I decided to come back and install the Cinematic mod 11 (with the patchs) I just can't get the game to work anymore.

does anyone knows a solution, and also that have that file for download? I really hope that I don't have to download half life again, and do all the reinstall the mod again, since I just spend the entire day trying to make it work.

MorTvicR

Postby MorTvicR » 21 May 2013, 09:05

staxx wrote:
Cap'NCook wrote:
CM12BETAPIPELINEFIX.jpg

DropBox Link

[img]>snip<[/img]

this was an strange issue that I have now, since I did play with the cinematic mod before, and did not had any issue installing, however now that I decided to come back and install the Cinematic mod 11 (with the patchs) I just can't get the game to work anymore.

does anyone knows a solution, and also that have that file for download? I really hope that I don't have to download half life again, and do all the reinstall the mod again, since I just spend the entire day trying to make it work.

Same Error here... Done everything that was needed to the ticket. Error asking for half-life 2 episode two english.gcf

And I know updating with beta changes the .GCF to another format CM can't see.

So I started again, all clean...

Done the steps from OP- But noticed Alex never spoke on Ep2, her lips don't ever move, she just looks dump struck 8| But says nowt.

Rar'd that above file into the HL-Ep2 Fold, tried again and bingo was his name she is talking again, and her lips are moving also, very strange how the voice is tied into her lip movement..

BUT......CM still needs This FILE>>>>>>half-life 2 episode two english.gcf

Its not in that rare file, even tho it says - Drop it into the steamaps folder...

I'm Guessing its there but under a new changed container..

Can someone upload that file please

Ta...

staxx

Postby staxx » 21 May 2013, 19:13

MorTvicR wrote:
staxx wrote:
Cap'NCook wrote:
CM12BETAPIPELINEFIX.jpg

DropBox Link

[img]>snip<[/img]

Same Error here... Done everything that was needed to the ticket. Error asking for half-life 2 episode two english.gcf

And I know updating with beta changes the .GCF to another format CM can't see.

So I started again, all clean...

Done the steps from OP- But noticed Alex never spoke on Ep2, her lips don't ever move, she just looks dump struck 8| But says nowt.

Rar'd that above file into the HL-Ep2 Fold, tried again and bingo was his name she is talking again, and her lips are moving also, very strange how the voice is tied into her lip movement..

BUT......CM still needs This FILE>>>>>>half-life 2 episode two english.gcf

Its not in that rare file, even tho it says - Drop it into the steamaps folder...

I'm Guessing its there but under a new changed container..

Can someone upload that file please

Ta...

I had to search on google for the file, and managed to find the gcf file.

here's the link.
http://www.filecrop.com/half-life-2-episode-2-gcf.html the files that you need are named "half life 2 episode two english.gcf, they are split in two parts, just download all of them, extract in the same folder and then copy or drag it to the steamapps folder, it worked for me.
also pay attention because there are other files which are named in a smilar way like (half life 2 episode ONE english.gcf) those you probably already have, the one that you are asking for is the episode two english.gcf.

Cap'NCook

Postby Cap'NCook » 05 Aug 2013, 06:45

excuse me looks like Dropbox had too much traffic and has temporary suspended me. It looks like 13 Cinematic Beta Alpha 1 is out, so perhaps this would resolve a lot of the issues. If not allow me to get this thread going again.

Return to “Cinematic Mod”