Screenshot Thread

porumbelul23

Re: Screenshot Thread

Postby porumbelul23 » 22 Jul 2014, 14:17

Dadster wrote:These are the three Alyx models closest to my heart:
1. Sexy realistic fuller body with black lace - http://i.imgur.com/en8Hxui.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/N5kQLqx.jpg
2. Semi-sexy realistic fuller body without black lace - http://i.imgur.com/HKj03o8.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/2oYKADW.jpg
3. A fuller realistic body, but a no-nonsense grittier look - http://i.imgur.com/8rzbk8p.jpg

@ FakeFactory, it would be nice to have these selectable in the character pimper again, for those looking for a more realistic nostalgic/traditional lore-friendly gameplay experience.

Wouldn't you all like to rollover in bed every morning and see Alyx's beautiful face http://i.imgur.com/8375iX1.jpg
She's a real beauty, all right..... sigh. (thumb_2) (thumb_1)

Or what about a body editor?To make her as your heart,hormones or brain wants!Like Caliente's body editor from skyrim.

Gorgoth

Postby Gorgoth » 22 Jul 2014, 14:41

Unfortunately the source engine isn't as simple so a body editor tool wouldn't work well or be easy to create.

In Skyrim the body model is separate to the head, arms and feet plus it's contained in one file. These Alyx models for the source engine are the whole model in one file and also other files are needed for the model to work. Also the way the character Pimper is set up a new folder is needed for each stage of the game.

Not to mention that a custom body editor is extremely difficult to make.

@FakeFactory, On an unrelated note why does the character Pimper repository have the models stored in every folder for each game stage? Isn't it more efficient to just have one folder with all the models and then just have the character pimper copy the files from that one folder instead of having a copy of the same model in all of the game stage folders? It seems like a waste of space to me. Unless there is no other way of doing it but it doesn't sound like the most difficult thing to do. I hope you understand what I mean?
Having problems installing Cm? Follow this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488

porumbelul23

Postby porumbelul23 » 22 Jul 2014, 15:07

Gorgoth wrote:Unfortunately the source engine isn't as simple so a body editor tool wouldn't work well or be easy to create.

In Skyrim the body model is separate to the head, arms and feet plus it's contained in one file. These Alyx models for the source engine are the whole model in one file and also other files are needed for the model to work. Also the way the character Pimper is set up a new folder is needed for each stage of the game.

Not to mention that a custom body editor is extremely difficult to make.

@FakeFactory, On an unrelated note why does the character Pimper repository have the models stored in every folder for each game stage? Isn't it more efficient to just have one folder with all the models and then just have the character pimper copy the files from that one folder instead of having a copy of the same model in all of the game stage folders? It seems like a waste of space to me. Unless there is no other way of doing it but it doesn't sound like the most difficult thing to do. I hope you understand what I mean?

It's hard i admit but it will be nice to have.

FAKEFACTORY

Postby FAKEFACTORY » 23 Jul 2014, 12:37

porumbelul23 wrote:

Every model (Aly1, Aly2 ...) has a unique header, it's not just the filename. And each episode needs some different flags when compiling the models. (i.e. different episode-specific triggers when facing a close-combat with zombies has to be defined in the compiler commandfile)

Copying and just renaming the files can lead to unpredictable effects or crash the engine.

Gorgoth

Postby Gorgoth » 23 Jul 2014, 15:15

Hmmm, ok. I know that they are different for the episodes but I didn't know the models in the aly1-aly5 folders needed different compiling.

Anyway I guess It makes sense, thanks for explaining.
Having problems installing Cm? Follow this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 22 Sep 2014, 14:03

with hl models are easy to handle because all files are included in the final one , with hl2 , there are a lot of files for everything , moving , textures ...and there are in tons of folders...
that is the main reason i did nothing yet plus the lack of monsters in the spirit of hl ;']
i wish hl3 will be the real hl2 while hl2 is more some css-sp .

fakefatory should do the hided recruiter in bms forum to add some parts with some hl labs that are missing , in leak free there some good mappers that are ignored by the mod team that only think about the money they ll make ...
beware of bms forum account..it is like the movie "the departed" ;'] a bad question and you are killed

Lerk!t

Postby Lerk!t » 26 Sep 2014, 19:27

I can't take any screenshots. I tried it with F5 (original) and F2. Either way with and without any other keys simultaneously (eg. with CTRL for crouching).
I double checked the CM2013 and the userdata/760/remote folder. Nothing anyway. I am using Version b4.

MadMakz

Postby MadMakz » 31 Oct 2014, 14:09

Lerk!t wrote:I can't take any screenshots. I tried it with F5 (original) and F2. Either way with and without any other keys simultaneously (eg. with CTRL for crouching).
I double checked the CM2013 and the userdata/760/remote folder. Nothing anyway. I am using Version b4.

bind a key to "jpeg" or "screenshot" (for lossless TGA) or use steams build-in F12 (default)

Southman

Postby Southman » 30 Dec 2014, 00:37

Some pics.

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 26 Feb 2015, 10:41

i found few bugs in hl2 and ep2 , i made an album showing them : http://imgur.com/a/7M0N1

first images shows a place where buggy can no longer move
after there are two showing the rendering when player has to use the rocket launcher... quite hard with such a sky....

then ep2 with a place that has an invisible block

Return to “Cinematic Mod 2013”