Linux thread

UFeindschiff

Linux thread

Postby UFeindschiff » 22 Mar 2014, 00:01

Hi,
afaik it has been stated, that CM2013 will be based on Source 2013 and so it is theoretically possible to have Linux support. I also read in a quite old thread, that FF has nobody to compile CM on Linux and to port the Configurator and character pimper. I have a few questions now:

1) Does CM use Windows-specific funtions, that need to be ported or is it just that someone is needed to compile the stuff and maybe fix some bugs?
2) Afaik the Configurator and the character pimper are both closed source, so I am asking how they work. Do they just move/rename files/ echoing text in somee cfg files or is it actually a complex process involving repackaging .vpks
3) Is there any reason, why the CM source code (including the code for the configurator/character pimper) isn't open source?

FAKEFACTORY

Re: Linux thread

Postby FAKEFACTORY » 22 Mar 2014, 10:22

UFeindschiff wrote:Hi,
afaik it has been stated, that CM2013 will be based on Source 2013 and so it is theoretically possible to have Linux support. I also read in a quite old thread, that FF has nobody to compile CM on Linux and to port the Configurator and character pimper. I have a few questions now:

1) Does CM use Windows-specific funtions, that need to be ported or is it just that someone is needed to compile the stuff and maybe fix some bugs?
2) Afaik the Configurator and the character pimper are both closed source, so I am asking how they work. Do they just move/rename files/ echoing text in somee cfg files or is it actually a complex process involving repackaging .vpks
3) Is there any reason, why the CM source code (including the code for the configurator/character pimper) isn't open source?

1. The shaders (godrays, reflections ...) are Windows specific

2. Yep, they move files.

3. I will release the source (game and tools) together with the final version.

derBiene

Postby derBiene » 24 Nov 2014, 23:14

Hey, it's final now, is there a possibility to install CM on Linux? How to do that?

jiminorris

Postby jiminorris » 06 Nov 2015, 22:38

derBiene wrote:Hey, it's final now, is there a possibility to install CM on Linux? How to do that?

At the moment there's only wine. There was a promise of source code being released to porters to make a linux version, but no go so far.

jiminorris

Postby jiminorris » 23 Feb 2017, 23:59

So now that the source has been released, is there any likelihood that someone might make this available for Linux?

Return to “Cinematic Mod 2013”