Textures missing & error signs

thatguy81

Re: Textures missing & error signs

Postby thatguy81 » 03 Jul 2014, 14:02

I must admit I haven't checked the game out for a while, I've decided to wait until it is fully released :). However, I did try Alpha 17 for a bit, and after resolving an issue regarding folders I found it working perfectly. The update to Alpha 17 was apparently actually a downgrade, it downgraded the game engine due to 'issues' with a recent commit. Hopefully the beta will be back on the fully updated engine.

I see that Visual Studio 2013 support has been added to the engine, it would be interesting to see if there are any performance and other improvements from using it.

ICO

Postby ICO » 11 Jul 2014, 16:09

Hey FAKEFACTORY,

first off - thank you for your outstanding work! The game looks amazing! Unfortunately, I also have the underwater texture problem (have been playing Ep0 since the beginning and it is basically missing everywhere when I go underwater). Don't know what is the situation with Ep1 and 2 yet, but there's definitely a problem with Ep0.

alizaz

Postby alizaz » 30 Oct 2014, 23:35

Also if you dive when your nightvision is on, you see the pink screen as green.

Exacuter128

Postby Exacuter128 » 06 Jan 2015, 08:04

You can fix this problem by re-running all of the vcredist files and then running the setup.exe again without uninstalling the mod, and this should fix the problem. I had the same problem with all the errors and missing textures, but it just seems that sometimes when it's transferring the files it overlooks some. But this should work for Cinematic Mod 2013 as of alpha 15. If this doesn't work, then try downloading from a different source (for example, if you downloaded it from the HTTP website provided first on the list at the bottom of the page, then try downloading QBitTorrent or some other torrent client and then download the torrent file, because that's what I used. If the problem persists, just do as I said above and redo the process, and vice versa if you started with the torrent download). If this doesn't work, I can't help you otherwise.

Degsy

Postby Degsy » 12 Nov 2016, 01:32

I don't know if this thread is still active, but I've just started playing HL2 E1, and am having problems towards the end. I'm in a building, and the wall on the left is just a pink space. I can't step out, so the game thinks the wall is still there. As I pass it, there's a door that is just a black space. I can play on, but all my weapons have disappeared, when I had loads before the autosave seconds earlier. I've rebooted a few times and it keeps happening.
I've started all three games and installed the mod. It ran fine up to this point.
I don't know how to add images to this, or I'd post one of the fault.
Can anyone offer some assistance?

Return to “Cinematic Mod 2013”