Current Release Info: CM2013 (alpha 1) Release 10/7/2013

spazznid

Re: Current Release Info: CM2013 (alpha 1) Release 10/7/2013

Postby spazznid » 16 Jul 2013, 04:41

Have a couple Downsampled 4K screenshots!

Fantastic work, FAKEFACTORY!

I've been taking it a bit slow, just installed the windows 8.1 preview, so I can confirm no issues there for me.

Runs great, even at 4K, which these screenshots were taken at. And boy, Alyx sure is lovely this time around. Screenshot heaven. Gonna have to try forcing SGSSAA and AO to see just how far I can push my PC. Let me know if my screenshots are too much, I can change them to links.

Falsename

Postby Falsename » 16 Jul 2013, 05:26

Everything looks great, can't wait till the finished version is released for download.

I do have a question for any testers of the Alpha version though.

1. Is it the same download size as the previous versions?
2. Does it run smoother/rougher/same as the previous version?
3. Screenshots I've seen look incredibly bright, can you alter the settings for that like in the last mod?
4. Anything you 'dislike' about this particular mod? Or would like to change before the official release? (Now's the time to say so!)

spazznid

Postby spazznid » 16 Jul 2013, 06:51

Falsename wrote:Everything looks great, can't wait till the finished version is released for download.

I do have a question for any testers of the Alpha version though.

1. Is it the same download size as the previous versions?
2. Does it run smoother/rougher/same as the previous version?
3. Screenshots I've seen look incredibly bright, can you alter the settings for that like in the last mod?
4. Anything you 'dislike' about this particular mod? Or would like to change before the official release? (Now's the time to say so!)

1. no clue, forgot. I think it may be smaller, but meh.

2. I feel like it may runs smoother, feels like it loads longer, though, but also remember that I forced Ambient Occlusion and SGSSAA with the last version and I only played it with my new GPU for a bit.

3. There is the normal brightness slider, but I think the default setting for bloom/HDR is a bit bright for my tastes. Haven't tried thee other settings yet.

4. Only a few things I dislike. The default HDR setting, as stated earlier. The lack of some effects like reflective visor (I think it's missing). And finally, I feel like the only thing I've really disliked about the various Alyx models is the fact that her clothing never seems casual, or even uniform. It feels like she's wearing a plastic costume jacket with Sonya Blade's police vest. I'd really like some more wardrobe alternatives for her, specifically something that looks conventional for a woman in her situation.

SpotEnemyBoats

Postby SpotEnemyBoats » 16 Jul 2013, 09:50

Every time I try to run the setup.exe it says its "not compatible with this version of windows you're running"

Even tried to unpack the big file, nothing. I've run the older versions, what I am doing wrong?

MS-DOS

Postby MS-DOS » 16 Jul 2013, 17:16

spazznid wrote:And finally, I feel like the only thing I've really disliked about the various Alyx models is the fact that her clothing never seems casual, or even uniform. It feels like she's wearing a plastic costume jacket with Sonya Blade's police vest. I'd really like some more wardrobe alternatives for her, specifically something that looks conventional for a woman in her situation.

One of the reasons I always use original (classic) models.

thatguy81

Postby thatguy81 » 16 Jul 2013, 18:01

Agreed!
Bring on the shirt and jeans version for both the model types. You can have a shirt and jeans version, shirt jeans and jacket version etc.

Genison

Postby Genison » 17 Jul 2013, 00:38

Couple of issues I'm seeing right now with 2013:

- No crosshairs (I've read that this broken outside of CM, but CM fixes it)
- Using dxlevel 95 fixes missing textures, but every time I go into HL, I have to setup video resolution. It won't keep my settings.

I'm new to CM and have never used the other versions. Not sure if this is just due to configuration that still needs to be done.

spazznid

Postby spazznid » 17 Jul 2013, 02:15

Genison wrote:Couple of issues I'm seeing right now with 2013:

- Using dxlevel 95 fixes missing textures, but every time I go into HL, I have to setup video resolution. It won't keep my settings.

I'm new to CM and have never used the other versions. Not sure if this is just due to configuration that still needs to be done.

I play with no hud 100% of the time, so I can't comment on #1, but There was a Registry edit that fixed the DXlevel for me.

One thing to try is to go to your half-life games in steam and add -dxlevel 95 to their launch options. EDIT: Found it on my PC.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source\ep2]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source\ep2\Settings]
"DXLevel_V1"=dword:0000005f

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source\episodic]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source\episodic\Settings]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source\hl2]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source\hl2\Settings]

Add all that to a Text file and change the file from .txt to .reg

Do this at your own risk, though, as it affects your registry, I'm not responsible for what happens if you mess anything up.

FAKEFACTORY

Postby FAKEFACTORY » 17 Jul 2013, 10:08

Crosshair is disabled when ironsighted weapons are activated, but this behaviour is about to change for the next version. It will be possible to select crosshair on/off with the configurator.

Dadster

Postby Dadster » 17 Jul 2013, 14:33

FAKEFACTORY wrote:

Crosshair is disabled when ironsighted weapons are activated, but this behaviour is about to change for the next version. It will be possible to select crosshair on/off with the configurator.

Are you considering having a selection of different crosshairs available to choose from? I've read many, many complaints on the web over the years that the default HL2 crosshair is difficult to see, especially in sunlit outdoor areas. Accordingly, I've replaced mine with something more visible, which really helps a lot. For those interested in an alternate crosshair, check out http://www.bullseyecrosshairs.com/hl2sites1.shtm

Colored crosshairs would be very welcome, but I've yet to find one. Apparently, they are only available in HL2 multi-player. Oddly enough, to date, no one has found a way to have colored crosshairs in HL2 single-player. You would think in this day and age that this could be easily accomplished, but evidently not. Maybe in the new Source 2 engine (!) (?) ^^

Return to “Cinematic Mod 2013”