Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Dragnacity

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby Dragnacity » 09 Jul 2013, 22:04

I am trying to get the files I need from the torrent but no one is seeding it, could someone please seed?

Jodeth

Postby Jodeth » 10 Jul 2013, 11:22

The torrent is hopeless. I got the GCF files manually, painstakingly, cause some links were dead and one of them required a password.. episode 1 shared.gcf, I think it was.
After getting the GCF files in Steamapps, it was still giving me the usual error when starting the mod, but then I quickly found the culprit. It was my file "source 2007 binaries 2.gcf". Fixed by taking away the 2 at the end. Weird. I dunno why the 2 was there. Now the mod plays! And it's freaking beautiful! The use of SweetFX is cool, but SMAA doesn't do it any justice. MSAA forever! Character Pimper doesn't have many Alyx's that fit my taste.. oh well. Everything else is awesome. Framerate dips sometimes. Not sure if it's my PC or what, you tell me... AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.5 Ghz ; Evga GTX 660 Ti ; 4GB DDR2-1066 ; 1280x1024

Excellent work from FakeFactory once again + whoever else helped out! I get blown away with each release. No thanks to Steam for their file conversion bs.
I wish I could host a reliable torrent for these GCFs but my internet has a data cap :/ Good luck to everyone else.

Cerce

Postby Cerce » 10 Jul 2013, 14:50

Whelp, http://forum.csmania.ru/viewtopic.php?t=8535 only provides for half life 2 episode one.gcf, source 2007 binaries.gcf, half life 2 content.gcf, and half life 2 2007 content.gcf. That is, unless you want to go to the first download site, Yandeks.Narod, where they have an all-white Captcha which you can't get right whatsoever when you try to verify your download.

EDIT: Looks like for those trying to manually download, you'll have to turn off Google Translate when following to Yandeks.Narod in order for the Captcha to work.

Double Edit: Also, I've replaced the files in my torrent download folder with the ones downloaded manually, and it's not wanting to seed despite me having done so. It's like the files no longer exist or something.

Alyxir

Postby Alyxir » 05 Aug 2013, 16:07

I've managed to get all the files needed except for 'Half-Life 2 Episode One.gcf'. It's downloaded 97.6% from the torrent but it seems like there is nothing more to download! Would be much appreciated if someone knows a link I may have missed.

EDIT: It seems I can actually start the games without this file now that I have the others. Would not having this file cause any issues? I'd assume it would at least be fine for HL2.

menewath

Postby menewath » 10 Aug 2013, 01:59

I got all the gcf, that are listed in the readme, now in the Steamapps. But Still the same error saying MountAppFilesystem() failed: You don't have all GCFs needed to play this game.

Somebody knows how to fix it? Omg I spent all day long...

dskiller

Postby dskiller » 10 Aug 2013, 17:47

guys you could also try a program called cf toolbox. it can download the gcf from steam, but it needs to use your steam login to do it, I have not had any problems with it.

the program is a bit slow.

http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=46724

Raztaman

Postby Raztaman » 19 Aug 2013, 15:19

dskiller, could you give detailed instructions on how to actually obtain the gcf files? I've followed 2 tutorials now and I still can't seem to get anywhere with this after a few days of searching.

Otherwise, if anyone actually has the gcf files required, would a reupload be possible by anybody? All I want is post-processing effects :(

duckenoid

Postby duckenoid » 20 Aug 2013, 18:26

If anyone would like the GCF's for Half-life 2 CM 11 or 12 I have setup a torrent on the following site

https://kickass.to/half-life-2-gcf-t7757389.html

duckenoid

Postby duckenoid » 21 Aug 2013, 04:59

If anyone would like the GCF's for Half-life 2 CM 11 or 12 I have setup a torrent on the following site

https://kickass.to/half-life-2-gcf-t7757389.html

Kingkanackas

Postby Kingkanackas » 29 Aug 2013, 13:55

Would someone plz Seed this? There's no way that I'm gonna get it down at 0.2 kb/s :/

Return to “Cinematic Mod 2013”