Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Cerce
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 05:08

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby Cerce » 08 Jul 2013, 05:12

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This helps a lot. All we need now are seeders, and this will be perfect!

Also - if I have HL2 (and all episodes) installed on an external hard drive, and Cinematic Mod installed on the computer itself, would that pose a problem?

Cerce
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 05:08

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby Cerce » 08 Jul 2013, 15:42

Well, left it up all night and it is at 6.5%. Any seeders willing to get on for a bit?

burtgummer
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 17:39

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby burtgummer » 08 Jul 2013, 17:43

Please, can someone share the files in torrent? Its just 6,5% available :(

HotSwat
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Jul 2013, 20:18

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby HotSwat » 08 Jul 2013, 21:43

I don't think anybody can seed because nobody has the file yet...6.5 for me too

Cerce
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 05:08

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby Cerce » 08 Jul 2013, 21:55

So, in essence, we're just waiting for the one guy who has 100% to get back on, seed, stay on until someone else gets 100%, and hope to God that whoever downloads first isn't lazy and stays on to seed?

HotSwat
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Jul 2013, 20:18

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby HotSwat » 08 Jul 2013, 22:06

Cerce wrote:So, in essence, we're just waiting for the one guy who has 100% to get back on, seed, stay on until someone else gets 100%, and hope to God that whoever downloads first isn't lazy and stays on to seed?

Well after downloading and storing about 50GB of data just for this mod, I'm prepared to seed for at least a few weeks on my 50Mb/s upload connection

Cerce
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 05:08

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby Cerce » 08 Jul 2013, 23:13

HotSwat wrote:
Cerce wrote:So, in essence, we're just waiting for the one guy who has 100% to get back on, seed, stay on until someone else gets 100%, and hope to God that whoever downloads first isn't lazy and stays on to seed?

Well after downloading and storing about 50GB of data just for this mod, I'm prepared to seed for at least a few weeks on my 50Mb/s upload connection


What gets me is that even with 32 peers (at this time), the highest percentage that has been downloaded by any of the 32 is 6.5%. Nobody who has finished downloading this mod is seeding; only other people at 6.5% - so if you do have 100% downloaded, it would be greatly appreciated by at least 1 of those 32 if you would seed, because otherwise we're sitting here twiddling our thumbs (read: playing other video games), at a standstill, and only helping other people reach our level in the standstill.

Cerce
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 05:08

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby Cerce » 09 Jul 2013, 05:44

I guess if there's not a good seed by tomorrow I'll go through and download them manually from the Russian site, although that doesn't exactly help out the other 31 guys. If just someone, anyone, would get on who has downloaded this torrent in its entirety, and seed for just one night, I'd be fine with seeding after I download for a month, if that's what it takes.

calebsw
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Jul 2013, 06:25

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby calebsw » 09 Jul 2013, 06:42

Cerce wrote:I guess if there's not a good seed by tomorrow I'll go through and download them manually from the Russian site, although that doesn't exactly help out the other 31 guys.


If you download the files from the russian site, you can seed the torrent too. All you have to do is replace all the files in the torrent's download folder with the files you download from the russian sites. Launch your torrent client, and it should start seeding the files that you were trying to download before. I literally joined to tell you this, because I was lamenting the struggle to get past 6.5% as well.

Also, guys, you should stop trying download the source SDK GCF files from the torrent, those files are still available from steam. If the original poster is struggling to seed the files, we should at least attempt to not waste resources trying to get files which are more easily accessible elsewhere. I dunno if that would actually help or not, but when I choose to skip those files in utorrent, it says my progress for the torrent is 9.4%. I realize I have the exact same amount of data downloaded as every one of you, but I guess utorrent eliminates those files from the whole when you select to skip them.

Cerce
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 05:08

Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.

Postby Cerce » 09 Jul 2013, 07:21

calebsw wrote:
Cerce wrote:I guess if there's not a good seed by tomorrow I'll go through and download them manually from the Russian site, although that doesn't exactly help out the other 31 guys.


If you download the files from the russian site, you can seed the torrent too. All you have to do is replace all the files in the torrent's download folder with the files you download from the russian sites. Launch your torrent client, and it should start seeding the files that you were trying to download before. I literally joined to tell you this, because I was lamenting the struggle to get past 6.5% as well.


Oh, sweet! I'll have it up tomorrow, then. I'd do it tonight, but... it's like 1:20 AM over here. First thing in the morning, right after breakfast, I'll see about downloading them, and (hopefully) by tomorrow night with a bit of fiddling around I'll be able to seed.


Return to “Cinematic Mod 2013”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests