It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 22:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2013, 21:44 

ONLY DOWNLOAD THE GCF FILE(S) IF YOU OWN Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

To begin with, you should have bought and installed Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One and Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Source SDK (free tool) and Source SDK 2007 (free tool) before you go any further on this thread. Support for pirated versions of these games will not be provided here.

What's happening?
Valve has changed their way of delivering their games by means of SteamPipe. Source games will no longer use GCF files, the very files FAKEFACTORY's mod depend upon, instead Source games will depend on the VPK format. This has rendered Cinematic Mod faulty. Upon attempting to launch the mod, you will receive an error reading something like this.
Quote:
MountAppFilesystem() Failed you don't have all the GCFs required to play this game.

FAKEFACTORY is working on a port for SDK 2013 which would resolve this problem. I hope Valve and/or Steam is also going to make easy support for SDK 2007 mods once again.

GCF files needed by FAKEFACTORY Cinematic Mod 12
episode 1 shared.gcf
episode one 2007 content.gcf
episode two content.gcf
episode two maps.gcf
episode two materials.gcf
episodic 2007 shared.gcf
half-life 2 2007 base content.gcf
half-life 2 content.gcf
half-life 2 episode one.gcf
half-life 2 episode two english.gcf
source 2007 binaries.gcf
source 2007 shared materials.gcf
source 2007 shared models.gcf
source 2007 shared sounds.gcf
source materials.gcf
source models.gcf
source sounds.gcf

Quick fix
Go to your steamapps directory and see which files you are missing. By default this directory is located at:

64-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps

32-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps

If you have mac, google on where to find your gcf files because I sure as hell don't know.

If you are missing only a few files, specifically half life 2 episode two english.gcf, visit this thread instead. Note that you might need to uninstall ALL HL2 games before re-installing them.
Or you could just read ahead.

Full fix
Now I know user Deli has provided the community with GCF files already, but it simply didn't contain all the files needed.

Please note that this is a fix for your English game version. If you're a non-english user you might need to get additional language files.
I will provide you with a torrent containing all the files needed in order for Cinematic Mod 12 to run.
All you need is a torrent client, such as uTorrent and this file:
https://kickass.to/valve-gcf-files-needed-for-fakefactory-cm12-bogpojkin-t7579861.html
Click the bronze colored Download Torrent button, or use the magnet link. Open with uTorrent or any other bit torrent client.

Open README.txt and follow instructions.

You can also download the GCF files manually from these sources:
http://forum.csmania.ru/viewtopic.php?t=8535 (Google Translate)
http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=56028&sid=13c85d859d7698aa207ad4a918050675

This worked for me and I hope it does for you too.
If someone would make an installer out of this (that can locate the ep2 directory for the soundfix), that would be pretty cool. :)

Post subject: Re: Temporary fix for the SteamPipe update.
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 16:00 

Thanks for all. I have all .GCF files i need ^^. Just a question : i must send all of those files into C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps ? I just want be sure.
Thanks.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 03:28 

Thanks for this thread :D Yesterday I bought the OrangeBox and I was really happy now to be able to play this great Mod. I dont want to be fussy but is it legal to download those files via torrent. I mean aren't they copyrighted or something?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 03:48 

I'm on the site you linked: http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 35&act=url

I have found the section with the 'episode two content.gcf, episode two maps.gcf, and episode two materials.gcf' files but I'm not sure which link I need to follow. There is the 'narod.yandex.ru' link and below it the 'up.optizone.ru' link.

Second thing, where on that page do I get the 'Base Source Shared Materials.gcf, Base Source Shared Models.gcf, and Base Source Shared Sounds.gcf' files? I looked under HL2, EP1, and EP2 and didn't see them listed in any.

Thanks for helping me iron this out.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 04:41 

Marik wrote:
i must send all of those files into C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps ?.

Seems about right.

Spexxos wrote:
I dont want to be fussy but is it legal to download those files via torrent. I mean aren't they copyrighted or something?

It is not illegal to have the files if you own the games. You can feel safe downloading these, but please, do not spread these files to anyone outside the community. These files are meant to help those who already own the games and I do not wish for it to be used in any un-appropriate manner.

Craig1287 wrote:
I'm on the site you linked: http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 35&act=url

I have found the section with the 'episode two content.gcf, episode two maps.gcf, and episode two materials.gcf' files but I'm not sure which link I need to follow. There is the 'narod.yandex.ru' link and below it the 'up.optizone.ru' link.

Second thing, where on that page do I get the 'Base Source Shared Materials.gcf, Base Source Shared Models.gcf, and Base Source Shared Sounds.gcf' files? I looked under HL2, EP1, and EP2 and didn't see them listed in any.

Thanks for helping me iron this out.

I'd say its easier to download the torrent i provided, but if you want to use direct links, that's your choice.
It doesn't matter which link you follow. Both should be in tact. I however used up.optizone.ru, since it didn't have any waiting time nor capchas.

You don't need the "Base Source Shared" GCFs. In fact, I'm not even sure they exist, though I know they are listed in FAKEFACTORY's readme file.

All of these files:
Quote:
source 2007 binaries.gcf
source 2007 shared materials.gcf
source 2007 shared models.gcf
source 2007 shared sounds.gcf
source materials.gcf
source models.gcf
source sounds.gcf

Can be found here under the sections "Source SDK Base 2006" and "Source SDK Base 2007" respectively.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 23:50 

Thanks for the answer. I have now downloaded all necessary gcf files but I cant find the german localisations for Half-Life 2, I found them for EP1 and EP2. Does anyone know where I might find them?

I can post the links for EP1 and 2 if it is allowed

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 17:34 

Spexxos wrote:
Thanks for the answer. I have now downloaded all necessary gcf files but I cant find the german localisations for Half-Life 2, I found them for EP1 and EP2. Does anyone know where I might find them?

I can post the links for EP1 and 2 if it is allowed

If you change your Steam language (+language in CM configurator) to English your games will turn English. If you can live with that.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 20:27 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS.

I just made an account here to say that...
I downloaded CM for the first time like a week ago or something and was absolutely devastated when I found out about the steampipe thing.
Here I was with about 40Gb of data and now way to use it...I tried every solution under the sun...

Anyways, thanks a lot for this, I'll be starting my 6th or 7th half life 2 playthrough now (well, once I'm done downloading those 10GB worth of files ^^) :)

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 20:50 

BogPojkin wrote:

If you change your Steam language (+language in CM configurator) to English your games will turn English. If you can live with that.

I'd enjoy the game more if its in my native language. Besides I don't have the english localisations either, but I guess those files are more commonly uploaded.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 22:28 

It's gonna s*ck downloading from the torrent without seeders :/ 1kB/s for me right now