Time to backup your GCF files

spazznid

Re: Time to backup your GCF files

Postby spazznid » 19 Jun 2013, 23:22

FAKEFACTORY wrote:
spazznid wrote:
Now, can we expect a new trailer/teaser for the next version of the mod? And I also thought you said the next one was going to be like version 14 or something. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

About these forums, though. Have you ever thought about maybe getting a different one, or maybe getting the help of some moderators? As a base of Operations, the advertising bots are kind of distracting, but I understand if you don't feel like it deserves any action. It's still only a distraction.

If I may, can I ask what kind of changes/additions are going to be in the new CM?

Dont' know about the trailer. Maybe, if i'm bored :)

History snipped::

Code: Select all

History:

CM 2013 alpha 01

- Rework of every single map in the game
- Improved lighting in all maps
- Improved landscapes and foliage. Most outdoor maps are completely re-sculped with new dispalcements
- Changed the old smoke explosions (moving alpha-texture planes, simple and ugly) to particle effects
- Dropped Parallax mapping because of crashes (duh!), but improved normal mapping in the game
- Tweaked self-shadowing effects
- Added Bumpmapping to most old (flat) textures
- Many new HD textures
- Reworked the dynamic soundtrack system
- Reworked Client-Code, fixing all known crash errors
- Fixed all known plot-stoppers (like faulting npc scripts and event-triggers)
- Changed directory structure to keep the mod from future gamefile updates (Steam *loves* to break things)

Good to hear. Can't wait to try that alpha. I'm also glad to hear those changes and fixes. Parralax seems like too much trouble for something that doesn't quite behave well or look good when paying at anything above 1080p. I also like the new naming scheme. Makes it sound like we'll be getting spoiled by you every year :D. Does improved lighting mean anything other than better light placement ?

Kobayaschi77

Postby Kobayaschi77 » 20 Jun 2013, 18:53

do you allready know a release date/ month ? (so pi mal daumen?)
and the hoster ? for mirrors and torrent, if you want.

greets :)

Narlo

Postby Narlo » 20 Jun 2013, 23:52

So what if we can't back up some of our .gcf's (episode two content.gcf, episode two maps.gcf, episode two materials.gcf to be precise) because we opted into the beta and it deleted them before?

spazznid

Postby spazznid » 21 Jun 2013, 02:29

Narlo wrote:So what if we can't back up some of our .gcf's (episode two content.gcf, episode two maps.gcf, episode two materials.gcf to be precise) because we opted into the beta and it deleted them before?

Is it illegal to share them? I mean, I'm sure there is a way for me to easily share mine with those in need, but I'd rather know if we can openly discuss the matter.

DantePL

Postby DantePL » 21 Jun 2013, 09:18

Wouldn't opting out of a beta and starting HL2 revert new VPK files to old GCF ones?

Narlo

Postby Narlo » 21 Jun 2013, 18:08

DantePL wrote:Wouldn't opting out of a beta and starting HL2 revert new VPK files to old GCF ones?

I opted all my HL2 games out, reinstalled then played them but still none of the GCFs I mentioned above have returned.

Narlo

Postby Narlo » 21 Jun 2013, 18:32

Welp. Don't know what I did but Uninstalled and re-installed them again and now they're there. Thanks Spazznid but I guess I don't need em anymore! :DD

DSTORQUE

Postby DSTORQUE » 22 Jun 2013, 13:16

FAKEFACTORY wrote:With the upcoming Steam Pipe HL2 and its episodes will be converted to a new filecontainer format, that Cinematic Mod (and most 2007-engine based mods) cannot read, and the old GCF files will be deleted during the conversion process.

You should backup the following files now:

half-life 2 content.gcf
half-life 2 episode one.gcf
half-life 2 episode two english.gcf
half-life 2 episode two low violende.gcf
episode two content.gcf
episode two maps.gcf
episode two materials.gcf
source 2007 binaries.gcf
source 2007 shared materials.gcf
sourcec 2007 shared models.gcf
sourcec 2007 shared sounds.gcf
episodic 2007 shared.gcf
source sounds.gcf
source materials.gcf
source models.gcf
episode 1 shared.gcf
half-life 2 2007 base content.gcf

and all language files (i.e. "half-life 2 german.gcf")

I don't know where these are. Can you give me a directory?

mds51

Postby mds51 » 24 Jun 2013, 08:09

can someone upload "half-life 2 episode two english.gcf" i don't have it.. just got "half-life 2 episode two german.gcf"

spazznid

Postby spazznid » 25 Jun 2013, 03:13

mds51 wrote:can someone upload "half-life 2 episode two english.gcf" i don't have it.. just got "half-life 2 episode two german.gcf"

I sent you a PM with some info.

Return to “Cinematic Mod 2013”