FAKEFACTORY wrote:spazznid wrote:
Now, can we expect a new trailer/teaser for the next version of the mod? And I also thought you said the next one was going to be like version 14 or something. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.
About these forums, though. Have you ever thought about maybe getting a different one, or maybe getting the help of some moderators? As a base of Operations, the advertising bots are kind of distracting, but I understand if you don't feel like it deserves any action. It's still only a distraction.
If I may, can I ask what kind of changes/additions are going to be in the new CM?
Dont' know about the trailer. Maybe, if i'm bored
Code: Select all
CM 2013 alpha 01
- Rework of every single map in the game
- Improved lighting in all maps
- Improved landscapes and foliage. Most outdoor maps are completely re-sculped with new dispalcements
- Changed the old smoke explosions (moving alpha-texture planes, simple and ugly) to particle effects
- Dropped Parallax mapping because of crashes (duh!), but improved normal mapping in the game
- Tweaked self-shadowing effects
- Added Bumpmapping to most old (flat) textures
- Many new HD textures
- Reworked the dynamic soundtrack system
- Reworked Client-Code, fixing all known crash errors
- Fixed all known plot-stoppers (like faulting npc scripts and event-triggers)
- Changed directory structure to keep the mod from future gamefile updates (Steam *loves* to break things)
Good to hear. Can't wait to try that alpha. I'm also glad to hear those changes and fixes. Parralax seems like too much trouble for something that doesn't quite behave well or look good when paying at anything above 1080p. I also like the new naming scheme. Makes it sound like we'll be getting spoiled by you every year :D. Does improved lighting mean anything other than better light placement ?