Please, for God's sake!!

RobbieRocketpants

Please, for God's sake!!

Postby RobbieRocketpants » 29 May 2013, 09:35

Today I reinstalled HL2 and the two episodes because I heard about CM and really wanted to play the games again only with awesome graphics. Downloaded CM12.2, followed as many instructions as I could find... played half of HL2 already, and got to autosave points in the two episodes. Steam says I have all the SDK's installed correctly (I've run all of them once), have activated Steampipe which updated the games and fixed the Ep2 English GCF error.... Now I can't get passed the error "You don't have all GCF's needed to play this game" when I try to run any of the CM exe files. All links I've found that claim to fix this are broken.

What's with this mod? Does it work or is there a fix? Because Google doesn't help and I'm lost, spent hours trying to find a workaround but so far nothing :(

McBaal

Re: Please, for God's sake!!

Postby McBaal » 29 May 2013, 14:03

http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... a918050675

I guess you have to register first. Btw: What´s your ingame language?

RobbieRocketpants

Postby RobbieRocketpants » 29 May 2013, 16:44

McBaal wrote:http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=56028&sid=13c85d859d7698aa207ad4a918050675

I guess you have to register first. Btw: What´s your ingame language?

English.

What does the link to that forum actually go to? I don't want to sign up to a forum just to get spam for the rest of my life. No offense but it seems odd that I'd have to register just to read a post.

theend587

Postby theend587 » 30 May 2013, 10:26

maybe steampipe is messing it up try again without steampipe.

NVM

McBaal

Postby McBaal » 30 May 2013, 19:17

There is a thread with all the uploaded GCF files, not just from HL2, EP1, and EP2. You wanted help, this is all you can get. Registering takes about 2 minutes (roll)

Btw: You should always have at least 2 mailadresses. One for public stuff and one for every private or business content.

RobbieRocketpants

Postby RobbieRocketpants » 31 May 2013, 10:44

McBaal wrote:There is a thread with all the uploaded GCF files, not just from HL2, EP1, and EP2. You wanted help, this is all you can get. Registering takes about 2 minutes (roll)

Btw: You should always have at least 2 mailadresses. One for public stuff and one for every private or business content.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound unappreciative. I have multiple emails but still don't like spam, who does? Anyway, thank you for the link... After trying just about everything else and failing I took the time to register and download all those missing GCF files. I had assumed that Steam would do the work for me but apparently not. What do you know, it worked! Fingers crossed I don't run into any crashes later on, but so far all three HL2 games work with a bit of tweaking. I've posted my exact installation process in case anyone else has the same problems. Seems like CM and Steam don't get along very well anymore.

I have to admit that this has been my worst mod experience to date and I hope no one else has to go through all this - with that said, now that CM12 is running it looks incredible! Totally revitalized HL2 for me, which is right up there in my top 3 games of all time. Thanks FF.

http://cinematicmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2236

McBaal

Postby McBaal » 02 Jun 2013, 18:11

No problem, glad it worked. I had the same issue and it made me go crazy. Then i finaly found this amazing GCF library. Remember to disable HL2s autoupdate! And i suggest creating a full backup once the mod runs fine, never trust Steam x(

Deli

Postby Deli » 08 Jun 2013, 15:17

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8554353

here are the necessary gcf filer uploaded to a single torrent, plus the sound.rar for the soundproblems, was hell to get all the files so thought this would make it easier for the next person that comes looking for this!

Edit: sorry bout that first link didnt work, fixed now!

Redpossum

Postby Redpossum » 11 Jun 2013, 21:49

I had the GCF error message at first, but it turned out to be because I didn't have all the SDK stuff installed yet.

In Steam, I go to Library, Tools and I have installed -

Source SDK
Source SDK Base 2006
Source SDK Base 2007

I personally would be leery of downloading GCF's from a non-Valve source, but your mileage may vary.

McBaal

Postby McBaal » 13 Jun 2013, 19:44

The SDK solution is outdated and not working for everyone.

Return to “Cinematic Mod 12”