CM 11 Final RELEASED

Gorgoth

Re: CM 11 Final RELEASED

Postby Gorgoth » 19 Apr 2012, 08:55

Yes but your suggestion is to make the mod more "Vanilla" which is the opposite of what Fake Factory is trying to do.
Having problems installing Cm? Follow this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488

nv0001

Postby nv0001 » 20 Apr 2012, 14:12

x( excuse me... I think i miss a point... Is "Gorgoth" is second nickname of modmaker? or Gorgoth is in charge to judge users opinion or define mod strategy? Or i miss a string in forum rules, as "Users can download and make bugreports only. Any suggestions a strictly forbidden".
If answer "yes" for any of this questions i am apologize and terrrybly sorry for my little suggestion about model If "no" for all of this questions then I recommend to shove your opinion, exactly where you are trying to shove our opinions. Because in this case, it is no better than ours, and I may as well say that your words are contrary to the objectives of modification, because you are trying to judge us instead of modmaker, with no right for this. This question is deciding with 1 string from MODMAKER but not from you x(

About vanilla in models...
You know, with all do respect, new sexy woman models did not make game more hardcore. This sexy girls with hard nipples (redf) is hardcore mainstream only, from half life Hollywood version (IMHO and etc of course). And i really appreciate Valve that they did not make second Lara Croft from Alyx. And made doctor Mossman such bore and annoying ;|). And with new models a scene with Alyx and Mossman arguing looks like catfight (redf) Can you imagine more vanilla thing? ;|) So everything in this mod is great and only 2 models (only 1 in fact - we have HD Alyx close to original :-) ) is questionable for me. And dificulty , but this question is solved.... Waiting for 11.20 :-)

But the truth is that this is details witch not affect imagine from this great mod. Last word from Fakefactory anyway :-) And i am just waiting 11.20 with great impatience :-)

Gorgoth

Postby Gorgoth » 21 Apr 2012, 00:55

No to all of those questions. I am simply a Fan of Fake Factory's work and understand that he isn't trying to recreate a HD version of Half Life 2 like everyone thinks he is. This is more of a hobby and he dedicates a lot of time to it and works on it by himself for over 6 years now and his main goal is to make Half Life 2 less like the original and more cinematic in the style of a Hollywood film.

All I'm saying is that people have been asking for a more Valve style Alyx since CM9 and the chances of that happening are very slim. Obviously it is the most popular but I would rather see different models since I have replayed HL2 so many times that seeing new faces and people change the experience for the better in my opinion. I'm a fan of whatever Fake Factory does since we are privileged for him to share his work for us. Most modders would have moved on by now but He consistently provides new content for us to play with quite frequently despite the fact that he is constantly subjected to negative feedback and works alone.

I hope you now understand what I was trying to say in the first place.

nv0001

Postby nv0001 » 21 Apr 2012, 05:37

in first of - sorry if i insult you, reread my post - to angry :-) Peace.
Well, if Hollywood movie is a point, its explain something:-) Inany case we have wide spread of Alyx models for any taste now.In fact right now i more worried about Mossman model, becouse this tipe of hero in her place destroing conflict between honest emotional and active Alyx and bore cold and liefull Mossman. Its not about hollywood or valve style, its about plotline of the game.
But, as i said before - its not a such problem ;-)

Gorgoth

Postby Gorgoth » 21 Apr 2012, 05:50

I agree, It would be nice to have some different Mossman models. Even though the current one is in my opinion one of the highest quality models in CM11

nv0001

Postby nv0001 » 21 Apr 2012, 21:49

...and about negative feedback...
Fakefactory is adult person not 16 years boy who need approval from others :-) So i hope that he understand that negative feedback is part of any activity... just becouse of humans sucks (hail combaines and depression fields :-D )

so i hope that Fakefactory think about it like about rain - "as is" . Its like a weather . Just exist :-)
And i hope that its will not demotiate him - main motivation is raiding professional level of mod maker, so be it :-) So much to improve :-) Combines AI for example :-D

nv0001

Postby nv0001 » 21 Apr 2012, 21:52

...and about negative feedback...
Fakefactory is adult person not 16 years boy who need approval from others :-) So i hope that he understand that negative feedback is part of any activity... just becouse of humans sucks (hail combaines and depression fields :-D )

so i hope that Fakefactory think about it like about rain - "as is" . Its like a weather . Just exist :-)
And i hope that its will not demotiate him - main motivation is raiding professional level of mod maker, so be it :-) So much to improve :-) Combines AI for example :-D

danwat1234

Postby danwat1234 » 25 Apr 2012, 17:54

SpotEnemyBoats wrote:I'd like a HD model of the Valve version, but pretty much all of them look plastic or look like Alyx has too much make-up on. I think Alyx looks beautiful with her natural beauty, with the way Valve made her.

I'd like to see an HD model/texture based on the concepts art, though.

Grab the Character Pimper from CM7 and replace the Pimper in 11 with that one. You also have to copy over files from models or something, if you have tons of hard drive space maybe just use Total Commander to copy over all files from CM7 to CM11 and don't overwrite.
Then run the version 7 pimper and choose the Valve character models redone in HD!

BattleSheep

Postby BattleSheep » 28 Apr 2012, 12:11

The mod looks very fine.

FPS-Player

Postby FPS-Player » 15 May 2012, 11:52

Hi there.

This night I downloaded these files (viewtopic.php?p=5214#p5214) because of the Mediafire-Links, which are almost perfect for freeloader like me (except for the captchas). But I haven't seen, that these files are only some update files. :(

So, now I must start another download-night-session to get the right files... (BTW: why there are no suitable DL-Links without captchas and such things for freeloader?)

But which CM-Version do I have to choose exactly?

Which version has an installer?
Must I manually copy some files after installing?
I read about these "model pimper"-software. Do I need this too? I think a step-by-step/FAQ-list would be a good idea...

Thanks and greetings

Return to “Cinematic Mod 11”