CM11 Release Candidate 2c *update*

Olliver

Re: CM11 Release Candidate 2 (Update from RC) REUPLOAD

Postby Olliver » 29 Nov 2011, 12:33

FAKEFACTORY wrote:Fix for Pimper crash and missing texture for eli:

http://netload.in/dateixXX56DkuZL/CM_RC2_Hotfix.7z.htm

Thank you, everything ist working like a charm now!

Valerys

Postby Valerys » 29 Nov 2011, 13:12

I have a question, sorry if it has been asked before: Does the new CM11 have Ambient Occlusion for the environment? (in the changelog i read about occlusion to hd models)

Gorgoth

Postby Gorgoth » 29 Nov 2011, 16:23

Alright, so I have found some bugs in the Highway 17 chapter:

Missing script/Ai:

When you use the crane to lift your car up and lower the bridge, the combine don't spawn and run out of the warehouse so the entire warehouse is empty and you don't get to squash them with shipping containers :(

Missing Texture:

Random Leg Glitch:Her leg stays like this the whole time!

Having problems installing Cm? Follow this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488

sl0wboy

Postby sl0wboy » 29 Nov 2011, 20:05

Long time lurker first time poster here. I’ve been playing since the initial release of CM10 and I love how this mod transforms HL2. I just played through EP0 with CM11 RC2 and wanted to point out some bugs/gripes/nitpicks.

-Every other Combine train in the first part of “Route Canal” flies by at insane speeds.
-Citizen in sewer pipe yells for help in German (playing English version).
-Nude vampire/fast zombie still present.
-Certain grass sprites (ie: at the beginning of “Highway 17”) bring my GTX 470 to its knees.
-Bumpiness of some roads in “Highway 17” can be very annoying.
-Confirmed above: missing citizen hand texture.
-Now that “Highway 17” is during the day, the flood lights (at least the light beam effect) seem unrealistic.
-When I walked into the big bridge scene my guns had a big orange glow on their muzzles. It disappeared after I started a new game and I never saw it again.
-Train you have to outrun on bridge never comes.
-Sometimes the roller mines are activated sometimes not, though this may be due to where and how I drive.
-When I pulled the buggy into the garage at the lighthouse, the garage door never closed.
-The power lines visible after you exit the Vortigaunt camp in “Nova Prospekt” end on the tower right in front of the player. It breaks immersion more than anything.
-Playing on normal, (edit: friendly) Antlions are killed way too easily, to the point being almost useless. Two couldn’t even kill a zombie.
-When using original weapons, only player weapons are changed.
-On the return to Kleiner’s lab after “Nova Prospekt,” Dog’s humming sound stays in his “room” and doesn’t stay with him.
-Snipers don’t say anything when throwing a grenade into their window.
-In “Our Benefactors,” the beam in the Combine “chair zapper” doesn’t show up.
-While taking the tour of the Citadel, the Combine trains’ timing is off, they pass too soon and sounds don’t match up.

General gripes:

-Shotgun reloads too slowly.
-The HUD reticle in EP2 is tiny, only a few pixels across.
-Some areas are too dark. I can’t tell where enemies are. If it’s going to stay that way, could you make the flashlight at least as strong as in retail?
-Also, is there a way to restore the retail damage and difficulty settings?

Overall great job though. I can’t wait for the full release.

Vitao

Postby Vitao » 29 Nov 2011, 23:12

well i just started playing half life 2, i had it before but i refused to play it.. CM mod is what i wanted for this game ^^

and i just updated the CM 11 to RC2 and also found the problem with civilian texture... hands...

first seen in trainstation

Gorgoth

Postby Gorgoth » 30 Nov 2011, 00:24

I Don't agree with sl0wboy about the lights on the coat during highway 17. I thought it really gave an overcast sense to the day which was cool.

sl0wboy

Postby sl0wboy » 30 Nov 2011, 01:16

I see where you're coming from and actually thought the same thing but something just doesn't feel right about the combination of lighting effect and time of day.

Gorgoth

Postby Gorgoth » 30 Nov 2011, 02:53

Lol, just realised I said Coat instead of Coast. Yeah maybe the beams don't make to much sense but I reckon if I had to choose to play with them or without them then I'd choose to play with.

Razerlikes

Postby Razerlikes » 30 Nov 2011, 16:25

I made an Mediafire Mirror if someone is interested :P
http://www.mediafire.com/?irz3zbamrk6de

sl0wboy

Postby sl0wboy » 30 Nov 2011, 19:09

Following up with my earlier post with issues I found in EP2.

-Numbers on the tunnels from which the Antlion swarms come are missing, making it harder to plan defenses.
-I believe a chopper is supposed to attack the player right after the Adviser ambush but it doesn't show up till after the next map loads.
-The shop lights in the auto shop don't light up the shop!
-After the second Combine ambush while loading the next map in the tunnel, I got an engine error: "Can't load dump 53, allocation of 57216977 bytes failed!!!" followed by a crash.
-Upon restart of the game I got a save file error: "Following error occurred while trying to save the file: ..\FAKEFACTORY_CM11\facefact.ini, error: 70, permission denied, The file could not be saved" Game proceeded to load fine and I picked up right where I left off.
-While loading the map in the White Forest entrance airlock I got a C++ runtime error, but again everything was fine after restarting the game.

I don't think I'll get a chance to bug hunt in EP1 anytime soon, finals are just around the corner here at university.

Return to “Cinematic Mod 11”