I don't know why people have to shit on Cinematic Mod.

General chat about FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod that not belongs to any of the other categories.
Mkilbride

I don't know why people have to shit on Cinematic Mod.

Postby Mkilbride » 14 Aug 2015, 04:11

Everytime I see it posted on a gaming website, an article, people are like "Look at these beautiful graphics", then you go to the comments section...

And it's the same old story

"Yeah, but it ruins the atmosphere, the new characters don't fit."

"The new music ruins it."

"The new weapons don't feel right for the game at all, way to Hollywood."

"Something something adult character pimper, peverts."

It's so annoying to try and explain to people that you can literally just play with the enhanced textures / maps and -don't- need the new music or characters, they are optional...they never listen, either, they say it's too complicated, that it sucks, and it's an insult to the HL2 Universe.

I've seen this go on for several years now. I never understand it. Why do people hate on Cinematic mod so much? It's a fucking mod, yet people treat it like they're forced to use it and hate it as such.

MadMakz

Re: I don't know why people have to shit on Cinematic Mod.

Postby MadMakz » 14 Aug 2015, 16:24

Because it's "default". People expect defaults to be always (near) perfect.

Most people don't understand that CM is a "personal" mod that's just beeing shared also. They're probably upset about that FAKEFACKTORY doesn't listen for "improvements".

Those guys simply don't get the point about what CM actually is.

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 01 Nov 2015, 09:58

ff made an "hercule ' s work" but he did it too much alone...by now he totally dropped it...
that is sad because he was near the days all is work makes fruits and $...lol
like in this topic i made : viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4066

we should rework the story , make a sort of opposing-force storyline ...but working is not a "gamer" word... (r) (redf)

i ll try to redo the all batman-arkham in one game and will ask WB ....so i hope to make this hl2 2015 very soon...before 2016 . (thumb_1) ;) (thumb_2)

Rouce

Postby Rouce » 12 Jan 2016, 02:16

Well, that's just the todays gamer. Myself I can only say that this mod is one of - if not the best game mod I've every played. Sure it's different but if you accept it as an reimagination instead of just an enhancement + use your brain and comprehend that the new models and music is optional, this is the most perfect way to replay this classic. Except for a few bugs and issues (like really bad follower pathfinding in the new C17 parts of E0) this game could have been from Valve itself. The quality is amazing. And it's free!

Massive kudos to the creator of this masterpiece. (Yes, I'm excited :DD )

Return to “On-Topic”