the new CM2015 with a surprise story....

General chat about FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod that not belongs to any of the other categories.
jcgeny

the new CM2015 with a surprise story....

Postby jcgeny » 26 Feb 2015, 11:18

like i wrote in an other topic : in the movie : les visiteurs , the Merlin says : times is like a mountain full of holes and caverns...
i found them in the CM2013 too....

i mean that after a lot of brainstorming [ sorry : playing..] i had found a new way of playing the whole story with nearly all maps of the original games .

it is a big mix of hl2 with parts of episodes included , that looks a lot like the hl game itself .
so what is it ?

the game starts as the original, the first change is after the gravity gun scene , with alyx being injured by rocks...

the second change is after ravenholm when player should get to the surface and kill the snipers , in fact gordon freeman gets out in the cavern of ep2 begining where he use a train to open an escape .
in fact of alyx being hurt . gordon has to fight and does not meet the vort friend .
then the game goes to the end of ep2 . after launching rocket he takes the buggy and goes back on the road where he opens the tunnel using a magnusson device may be ...
so the player is in the tunnel of the map where he had got the buggy in the normal hl2

the next change is after the prison when gordon and alyx will hunt mossman , i see the change at last big door where they will find mossman . instead they get inside the citadelle of ep1 right after the dog robot launched them inside . the game goes back to hl2 at the door that normally shows the train they will take , at the room where they catch mossman .

last is at the end....instead of having Gman , the game launch the ep1 part where the train has derailled . so the ep1 end is the new one ;']
hurray ;']

that could be very cool like that with the shortening of scenes and the redistribution of monsters .

i also think of a new car version having the magnusson generator in the car and launching it plus shouting it while driving . i never liked it because it is too hard ; like shows the stats : http://www.steampowered.com/status/ep2/ep2_stats.php

Average total playtime 6h 19m
Average completion time 6h 53m

few players are finishing the game , they seem to stop at this one...

i feel the new story should give a lot more fun with small changes , what about you ?

jcgeny

Re: the new CM2015 with a surprise story....

Postby jcgeny » 28 Feb 2015, 12:48

i had an other idea about the new story that fits perfect with the coop multiplay : the end of the game is having a train running , and that means the restart of game and server to the beginning...
so alyx should leave with the first train and barney to have the story not killed ...

sexus

Postby sexus » 08 Mar 2015, 03:11

not sure about this tbh , i think the story of hl2 orangebox does it pretty well , and instead of removing crucial story content from the hl universe , i think the exact opposite on this subject, there is some gap filling to do matter of fact , some extra story content to complete the experience , theres already a mod being worked on by AlexDC2013

in this thread viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3091

this will give you that refresh your seeking , everything else , such as stripping story elements etc . will just mess with the hl universes lore , and this is something you should never do , thats unless you dont care for its story and just want to mess about in the game , then thats a different thing , not my cup of tea thou i must say

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 08 Mar 2015, 22:11

his project is cool . but this one uses only hl2 +ep1 + ep2 maps
some maps are removed but only few of them all , i ll try to make the storyline more clear with some coop mods [if it is possible and if i have time...]

another big thing that could be added to the game is PhysX that became open source few days ago ..
https://developer.nvidia.com/content/la ... ree-github

may be things based on that , could replace besweet .

i wonder why ff does not come more : he said all files were going to be free...at least he could try to stop doing all alone and create a team . where more energy would make a bigger and better mod , then may be hl3 or parts of it .

in the usa , spirit is more wining a job than in europe where people work after being employed...

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 15 Mar 2015, 14:56

i tried to start editing maps order using ent tools or synergy but they all fail....
i started a topic at synergy asking how i can change maps order using their mod . i also explained more my idea and named maps where change a done

http://steamcommunity.com/app/17520/dis ... 656068742/

the post is mainly the one of topic :

recently , after having played cinematic mod , i had found a new way of playing the whole story with nearly all maps of the original games .

i tried editing the edt or the use of latest metamod plugin : stripper
but map after town 4 is always town5 while i want it to be ep2_outland_01

as i am in the place of the story lover i tell more about my project : it is a big mix of hl2 with parts of episodes included , that looks a lot like the hl game itself .

so what is it ?
it looks a bit like that

the original story

and the new one made years later...

the game starts as the original, the first change is after the gravity gun scene , with alyx being injured by rocks...

the second change is after ravenholm -map d1_town_04 that is followed by ep2_outland_01
when player should get to the surface and kill the snipers with grenades, in fact gordon freeman gets out in the cavern of ep2 begining where he uses a train to open an escape .
in fact of alyx being hurt . gordon has to fight and does not meet the vort friend .

then the game goes to the end of ep2 . after launching rocket , instead of the dead of the alyx 's father , he takes the buggy and goes back on the road where he opens the tunnel using a magnusson device may be ...
so the player is in the tunnel of the map where he had got the buggy in the normal hl2 : d2_coast_03

the next change is after the prison when gordon and alyx will hunt mossman , i see the change at last big door where they will find mossman , it is the door after the first console activated by alyx in the map : d2_prison_08 .

instead they get inside the citadelle of ep1 right after the dog robot launched them inside in map : ep1_citadel_00 .
the game goes back to hl2 at the door that normally shows the train they will take after using the electric-balls to kill all gards in map : ep1_citadel_04 , at the room where they catch mossman and later the teleporter .

last is at the end....instead of having Gman ending of hl2 , the game launch the ep1 part where the train has derailled [ep1_citadel_04 ] so the ep1 end [with alyx leaving with barney for looping the end of this new story with hl2 begining] is the new one ;']
hurray ;']

i opened the discussion at cinematic mod forum because the mod creator is going to give the maps files so with the compilation that should be perfect
i use synergy to start checking changes in maps and help others seeing how my idea is ..
and some others members are asking for game being coop...

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 10 Jun 2015, 07:26

so much people posting....
like the "economic crisis" called debts these days , too much personns are like the quake4 fat monster : only waiting to be nourished ....and not able of doing else than hitting the table with fork and shout ..

what about the fake2facto link giving us the source files ?

i do not know if i ll use them for a game or something like that movie :
https://youtu.be/0ZZquVylLEo

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 01 Nov 2015, 09:46

any news about fake-EX-factory ...lol ?

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 11 Jun 2016, 09:18

hello FF....any news ? or time to build the coop side of the mod ?
hope you have fun (r)

biggerboat3

Postby biggerboat3 » 20 Jul 2016, 08:18

Not sure why everything on this forum has been so dead, lately. I thought the dev was going to release the source code so people could work on it. Did he? And if so, is someone making any updates?

jcgeny

Postby jcgeny » 20 Aug 2016, 19:12

that is weird...he worked a lot on this and then drop it...
may be he worked it too much "all alone"..i wonder if he did not found a job...but that does not explain why faky (redf) no longer comes here..

like a lot of others...he believed "Arbeit macht frei"....and we see the result... (thumb_1) (r) (thumb_2)

Return to “On-Topic”