fs crucial right now, and (well) carry a little bit o

If you have website and forum related problems or suggestions, you can post em here!
lxt1217

fs crucial right now, and (well) carry a little bit o

Postby lxt1217 » 28 Sep 2018, 09:27

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Andy Dalton isnt shying away from the comparisons any longer. Until now, the Bengals fourth-year quarterback has avoided linking his name with some of the NFLs best, even as he accomplished things that few others could claim. Thats changed with his ongoing negotiations over a contract extension. Its time to accentuate the positives from his first three seasons. "Well, Im very confident in what Ive done," he said. "The people who are the critics, they look at all of the negatives. They dont look at all of the stuff that Ive accomplished. They dont look at that Im one of three quarterbacks in the history of the NFL to do certain things. They dont look at that kind of stuff. "They want to find ways to tear me down, but Im not worried about that. They can say whatever they want. All that matters is what everyone believes in this organization and what I believe in myself." There are a lot of rarified numbers he can cite: -- Dalton, Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are the only ones to throw 20 or more touchdown passes in each of their first two seasons. -- Dalton is one of only five starting quarterbacks to lead their teams to the playoffs in each of their first three seasons, along with the Rams Pat Haden, the Dolphins Marino, the Browns Bernie Kosar and the Ravens Joe Flacco. -- If the Bengals reach the playoffs again this season, hell join Flacco as the only starting quarterbacks in the Super Bowl era to reach the playoffs in each of their first four seasons. -- Dalton has already set numerous franchise records for passing. He threw for a club-record 4,293 yards and 33 touchdowns last season. The big blemish: 0-3 in the post-season. Dalton has given some of his worst performances in the playoffs, setting up three straight opening-round exits. Dalton is entering the final year on his contract. Hes emphasizing those regular-season accomplishments while making his case for a new deal. "We are obviously comparing guys in their first three years -- what they have done, what they are doing now, and presenting them with stuff," Dalton said. "That is how we have come up with what we are wanting." Whos the best comparison? "Lets see here: Flacco, (Aaron) Rodgers, (Drew) Brees. Who else? Matt Ryan. All those top guys," he said. His biggest shortcoming also leaves him in some pretty good company. Hes one of seven NFL quarterbacks who who have lost an opening playoff game three seasons in a row, according to STATS. The others: Warren Moon (4), Otto Graham (3), Y.A. Tittle (3), Bert Jones (3), Joe Montana (3) and Randall Cunningham (3). "This is a big year," Dalton said. "Just from the standpoint of OK, now Ive been through it three times now. Ive played well. Ive been to the playoffs. Obviously the playoffs havent gone well for us, but its not just me." Dalton turned the ball over three times in the second half of a 27-10 loss to San Diego at Paul Brown Stadium that extended Cincinnatis playoff misery. The Bengals havent won a playoff game in 23 years. Their three straight opening-game losses tie the league record. Dalton has studied video of the playoff loss during the off-season. "We had chances in the game. Obviously the turnovers killed us," he said. "I wish I would have done some things differently in the game. It didnt turn out that way. Youve got to take the good things that happened last season and improve on them." Coach Marvin Lewis fell to 0-5 in the playoffs but got a year added to his contract, which now runs through 2015. He has reassured Dalton privately and insisted publicly that the quarterback can take the franchise deep into the playoffs and end all those streaks of futility and doubts about his ability. "It means a lot," Dalton said. "I feel like Ive done a lot since being here to earn that trust, to earn that support." Tyler Johnson Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Dwyane Wade Jersey . According to TSNs Farhan Lalji, Richardson is heading to Toronto for a physical and is expected to sign with the Argonauts. http://www.authenticbasketballshopheat. ... at-jersey/. Ibrahimovic put PSG ahead when he got in front of his marker to neatly flick in Lucass cross in the 59th minute. New signing Yohan Cabaye came on as a second-half substitute and headed Ezequiel Lavezzis cross against the post in the 87th. Moments later, Lucas set up another goal from the right when fellow countryman Alex turned in his corner with a strikers finish. Edrice Adebayo Jersey . "Uuufff," was all shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria could come up with after Stantons latest mammoth shot. Josh Richardson Jersey . With a win tonight, Buehrle will match Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka for the most wins in the majors with 11. Buehrle is 10-4 with a 2.32 earned run average, but has lost his last three starts, including a 7-3 setback at Yankee Stadium last Wednesday.WASHINGTON -- Julien Brouillette wont be joining his five Washington Capitals teammates who are on their way to play Olympic hockey in Sochi. He did, however, help send them off on a winning note. Brouillette broke a scoreless tie with his first NHL goal midway through the third period, Braden Holtby stopped 25 shots and the Washington Capitals beat the New Jersey Devils 3-0 Saturday night in the teams final game before the Olympic break. "I couldnt think of anything. It was so confusing, but great at the same time," Brouillette said of the goal. "Its going to be hard to sleep tonight." After the Capitals controlled a faceoff in the New Jersey zone, Brouillette beat Cory Schneider on the short side with a wrist shot from the top of the left circle at the 10:50 mark. The goal follows an assist Brouillette earned in his NHL debut Thursday night. "Im sure hes flying pretty high right now," Capitals coach Adam Oates said. "Big goal. I havent seen the replay yet, but I know it was close to being tipped and the goalie getting frozen there a little bit there. But you know what, (Nicklas Backstrom) won a draw. Thats what its about." Martin Erat scored an empty-netter with 1:47 left for his first goal of the season to go along with 21 assists, and Troy Brouwer added another -- his 100th career goal -- 36 seconds later. Backstrom had two assists. After starting in place of an ill Michael Neuvirth and getting the win Thursday night, Holtby earned his third shutout of the season and 10th in his career in Saturday nights win. "He came in there (Thursday night) and played great and played very solid today," Oates said. Scoring chances were at a premium for both teams. "Obviously the Devils play that kind of game. They are will to play it every night, and its a frustrating team to play," Oates said. "They dont give you much. I looked up with nine minutes left in the third period, and I think it was 20 each in shots. Both teams played stingy." Schneider finished with 23 saves. "We didnt do enough offensively I thought to draw enough penalties to maybe create some power plays late," New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer said. "We had enough chances to get twoo or three goals.dddddddddddd. Weve got to finish something off." The win moves Washington to within one point of eighth place in the Eastern Conference with 63 points. The Capitals have won three of their last four and snapped a seven-game losing streak (0-6-1) against Metropolitan Division opponents. "Crucial," Capitals defenceman John Carlson said of the win. "This one a little bit more than the last one, but obviously for our team everythings crucial right now, and (well) carry a little bit of momentum into the break and we know we have our work cut out for us when we get back." New Jersey is in the thick of the hunt with 61 points, and both teams will have 23 games remaining after the break. "Teams have made late charges and gotten in the playoffs and done some damage in the playoffs. Of course we think there is still time," Schneider said, "but weve got to put words into action here and make it happen." The Devils, playing the second of back-to-back games, have lost 5 of 7. Carlson (United States), Alex Ovechkin (Russia), Backstrom and Marcus Johansson (Sweden) and Erat (Czech Republic) are the Capitals headed to Sochi. From New Jersey, Jaromir Jagr, Patrik Elias and Marek Zidlicky will be joining the Czech Republic team, and Damien Brunner will play for Switzerland. The Devils outshot the Capitals 11-6 in the first period as the teams failed to convert two power-play opportunities apiece. Early in the second, New Jerseys Adam Henrique took a centring pass and wristed a shot past Holtby, but it banged off the left post. "I thought we battled hard," Elias said. "We played most of the game the way we wanted to. They just got the one goal that we didnt." Later in the period Schneider stopped Karl Alzners wrister from close range and made two follow-up saves on Jay Beagle. NOTES: The Capitals finished 0 for 4 on the power play and the Devils were 0 for 3. ... New Jersey D Anton Volchenkov (lower body injury) missed his third straight game. ... Washington D Mike Green (concussion) missed his fifth game and C Mikhail Grabovski (left ankle injury) missed his eighth. ... New Jersey leads the season series 2-1. Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Wholesale Flames Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Remarks, questions, ...”