ft. "We finally decided to play some defence in the fourth quarter and gave our

If you have website and forum related problems or suggestions, you can post em here!
lxt1217

ft. "We finally decided to play some defence in the fourth quarter and gave our

Postby lxt1217 » 28 Sep 2018, 09:21

WASHINGTON -- A slow start to the season turned into Washingtons best November in 29 years. John Wall had 26 points and 12 assists, Trevor Ariza scored 24 points and made five 3-pointers, and the Wizards beat the Atlanta Hawks 108-101 on Saturday night. The Wizards lost their first three games and seven of their first nine, but have now won six of their last eight. They won eight games in November for the first time since 1984. "This was a good month for us. It was a tough start to the month, to the season. We didnt want to get the start we had, but it happened," coach Randy Wittman said. Washington has played the last four games without starting guard Bradley Beal, hasnt had first-round draft choice Otto Porter at all, and still managed to nearly break even. Their 8-9 record isnt what they want it to be, but still makes the Wizards one of the better teams in the Eastern Conference. With the Hawks loss, there are just two teams in the conference with winning records. "I really dont want to look at it like that. I want to see how good we can be, but if you look at the conference, a lot of teams are kind of in the middle right now. Were trying to find ourselves as a team, trying to put it together. Hopefully we can get it going. I think we will," Atlanta centre Al Horford said. Martell Webster added 19 points for Washington and also had five 3-pointers. Nene, who returned after missing Fridays game at Indiana with a right Achilles tendon injury, had 13 points and 12 rebounds. Paul Millsap had 23 points and 10 rebounds for Atlanta, which cut an 18-point, third-quarter deficit to 81-79 with 9:42 left, but could not get closer. Horford added 16 points and Jeff Teague had 15 for the Hawks. Ariza scored eight points in the final 9:20 to help secure the win. "Were showing growth. Were showing maturity. I feel were ready to take the next step and become a playoff team," Ariza said. Washington got some of its roughest road games out of the way, losing to Oklahoma City, Dallas and San Antonio in a rough three-game trip. The Wizards also lost to Miami and Indiana on the road. "It wasnt the easiest schedule to start with. I think it might be a positive in the long run playing against some top quality teams on the road early in the season," Wittman said. Washington took the lead early in the first quarter and led 28-20 after one. Thanks to two 3-pointers late in the second quarter by Webster, the Wizards led 54-44 at halftime. Washington hit on five of its first six shots in the third quarter to take a 66-48 lead with 8:12 to play. The Hawks answered with an 11-0 run to cut the lead to 66-59 with 4:20 to play, and Washington led 79-70 after three. Wall had his first three games of 30-plus points from Nov. 22-26. He followed it with a 19-point performance on Wednesday at Milwaukee, but had a bad night against the Pacers on Friday, shooting just 4 for 14. Saturday night was much better. "When were healthy, I feel we can compete with anybody," Wall said. "We didnt panic because we knew what kind of team we had. We have a team thats capable of being in the playoffs," Wall said. NOTES: Atlanta G Kyle Korver missed his third straight game with a bruised rib. . G Lou Williams didnt play because Budenholzer has chosen not to use him in back-to-back games as he recovers from ACL surgery. . The Hawks next game is on Tuesday at San Antonio, where Budenholzer spent nearly 20 years as a video co-ordinator and assistant coach. "Im not allowed to look ahead. Youve allowed to ask, but I cant look ahead," Budenholzer said. "Tomorrow or the next day I can think about that, but right now Im thinking about Washington." . F Al Harrington missed his ninth straight game with a right knee injury. . Wittman and Budenholzer were each assessed a technical foul in the second quarter for arguing a foul call. Brian Allen Jersey . on the 15-day disabled Monday list because of a strained right hamstring. John Kelly Rams Jersey . "I dont know where we would be without him," McClendon said. "Hes done a tremendous job for us and (Wednesday) was no different." Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattles big sixth inning, Young pitched seven strong innings and the Mariners beat the Houston Astros 5-2 to complete a three-game sweep. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authenti ... ms-jersey/. The move - the latest twist in Greeces nearly three-year financial freefall -- is the first such action by any of the countrys major sports bodies. It immediately halts all domestic track and field competitions, including track meets May 12-13 in several Greek cities. Aqib Talib Rams Jersey . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck. Brandin Cooks Rams Jersey . Balotelli was out at dinner with his brother Enoch and came home to discover he had been burgled. The car was later found abandoned. Balotelli wrote Saturday on Twitter: "I feel empty! No emotions .CLEVELAND -- The Minnesota Timberwolves had exactly what they wanted -- their best player with an open shot and the game on the line. Kevin Loves 3-point attempt with 1.9 seconds left bounced off the back rim, sending Minnesota to its first loss of the season in a 93-92 defeat to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night. "Heck yeah, well take that shot every time," said guard Kevin Martin, who led the Timberwolves with 23 points. "The best power forward in the league with a great look to win the game." Loves 29.7 average going into the game led the league in scoring. Even though he struggled from the field, hitting 8 of 20 shots and scoring 17 points, he was confident his late shot would go down and his team would come all the way back from a 23-point deficit in the third quarter. "More often than not, I believe Im going to make that shot," Love said. "J.J. (Barea) made a good pass and I was in good rhythm, but I just hit the back rim." Even the Cavaliers realized they were fortunate. "Luckily, K-Love missed a shot and we got the stop," said Kyrie Irving, who had 15 points, eight rebounds and six assists, but committed a career-high nine turnovers and missed two shots down the stretch that would have helped Cleveland extend its lead. The Timberwolves got the lead into single digits several times in the fourth quarter, but still trailed 93-84 with 2:43 remaining. The Cavaliers didnt score again and Minnesota had its opportunity after Irving missed with 15 seconds left. "We finally decided to play some defence in the fourth quarter and gave ourselves a chance to win," said Love, who was named the Western Conference player of the week. "I just didnt convert." Minnesota, which won its first three games, wwas off to its best start since going 6-0 in 2001-02.dddddddddddd C.J. Miles led the Cavaliers with 19 points. Rookie forward Anthony Bennett from Brampton, Ont., taken with the No. 1 pick in the draft, missed all three of his shots and is 0 for 15 from the field this season. His only points have come on two free throws in the season opener. Cavaliers centre Andrew Bynum played 18:40, his longest stint of the season, and scored 10 points with four rebounds. After playing 9:42 in the first half, he returned in the third quarter for the first time in the four games hes played. Bynum, who missed all of last season with injuries to both knees, said before the game hes not sure if he will regain the explosiveness he had earlier in his career. Minnesota trailed 76-61 going into the fourth quarter and cut the margin to nine points early in the period. Two baskets by Miles and a jumper by Bynum pushed the margin to 84-69, but the Timberwolves werent finished, outscoring Cleveland 31-19 in the final period. The Cavaliers avoided a third straight loss after a season-opening 98-94 home victory over Brooklyn. "It was a great learning experience," said Cleveland coach Mike Brown. "Hopefully, we can build off that if were in that position again, especially in the near future." NOTES: Love downplayed his individual award which was announced Monday. "Ill take a 3-0 start over any individual honour, but its cool," he said. "It just shows that if you win, good things happen for everybody." ... Cavaliers F Tristan Thompson had 12 points and 11 rebounds. He scored two points and had four rebounds in 35 minutes Saturday against Indiana. ... The Cavaliers play at Milwaukee on Wednesday. ... The Timberwolves host Golden State on Wednesday. Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Wholesale Flames Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Remarks, questions, ...”