s are also the most unexpected champions in English

If you have website and forum related problems or suggestions, you can post em here!
lxt1217

s are also the most unexpected champions in English

Postby lxt1217 » 14 Jul 2018, 10:13

The rather important matter of three Championship points may be at stake in Saturday lunchtimes FL72 local derby between Derby and Nottingham Forest on Sky Sports, but whenever the fixture takes place it is forever associated with the memory and achievements of one man – Brian Clough. Both sets of fans have paid fitting tributes to their iconic title-winning former manager following his passing in 2004. So, ahead of the latest ‘Brian Clough derby’, here is a selection of classic quotes from one of the most charismatic and colourful football characters of them all…Classic Cloughie “The River Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years” – on being the best.Im sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, Id want to run the show. They were shrewd because thats exactly what I would have done” – on never becoming England manager.Im loath to confess they could be as good as us. They are brilliant. It sticks in the craw a little bit because nobody likes Arsenal! Of course theres a Frenchman in charge, Wenger, and not many English people like Frenchmen. He is a top, top manager” – on Arsenal breaking Nottingham Forest’s record for 42 games unbeaten. Players lose you games, not tactics. Theres so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes” – on his football tactics.Resignations are for prime ministers and those caught with their trousers down, not for me – on staying the course.I wouldnt say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one – on his standing.Anybody who can do anything in Leicester but make a jumper has got to be a genius - on his ex-player Martin ONeill’s success.If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, hed have put grass up there - on long-ball football.“I’m a little bit of an idealist, I do believe in fairies, and that is my outlook” – on his playing style.“We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right” – on listening to players opinions. I only ever hit Roy the once. He got up so I couldnt have hit him very hard – on looking after Roy Keane at Forest.That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. You cant keep goal with hair like that” – on facial hair…and ponytales.“The players havent got enough heart to fill a thimble” – on his Brighton side’s 8-2 defeat to Bristol Rovers.“Good managers make good sides. There’s no such thing as a side making a manager” – on lucky players.“Don’s slightly different and his record proves over results that he perhaps is right. But having said that, I want to be like me” – on definitely not being ex-Leeds boss Don Revie. Don’t miss Derby v Nottingham Forest live on Saturday at midday on Sky Sports 1 HD Also See: Championship video Fixtures Table Live on Sky Get Sky Sports Edinson Cavani Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . -- The Tampa Bay Lightning are disappointed, though not discouraged. Thomas Meunier Paris Saint-Germain Jersey .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. http://www.psgsoccershop.com/c-42-kylia ... ersey.aspx. Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. Presnel Kimpembe Jersey . Paul George and Darren Collison each scored 17 points and Roy Hibbert added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (9-3), who won their third straight. Giovani Lo Celso Jersey . -- Floridas smothering defence returned to form just in time for the third-ranked Gators to keep their winning streak going.Leicester captain Wes Morgan is hoping to avoid bursting into tears when lifting the Premier League trophy on Saturday. Morgan will become the first Leicester captain to pick up the top flights silverware in the clubs 138-year history.The Foxes are also the most unexpected champions in English football history, but champions they are after Tottenham - the last club who could stop them - were held to a 2-2 draw at Chelsea on Monday night. Morgan, a rock at the heart of Citys defence all season, will be handed the trophy after Saturdays game with Everton at the King Power Stadium, and he admits he will struggle to keep his emotions in check. Morgan will get to lift this on Saturday Im just going to try and hold back the tears, he told Sky Sports News HQ. I think its going to be very emotional. Its the biggest moment in my life and I cant wait to hold the trophy and get my hands on it.I can officially say Im going to get my hands on the trophy right now. A lucky Leicester fan has been selected from thousands to present the trophy to captain Wes Morgan. Its an achievement that might never be achieved again so Im just taking it all in now, enjoying the moment… and I cant wait until Saturday.Morgan admits he can scarcely believe what the Foxes have done having been installed as 5,000-1 outsiders for the title at the start of the season. Fantastic, its unbelievable, he said, speaking at the training ground after long celebrations at striker Jamie Vardys house. Im still punching myself. I cant quite believe it yet. Its not sunk in yet. It was a long night, last night… plenty of celebrating and Im feeling pretty drained at the minute.You have seen some of the scenes on video and that just continued on. And after the initial euphoria had finished everyone was just down. Claudio Ranieri thinks Leicesters Premier League title run cant be replicated.dddddddddddd A lot of people were down on their knees, a few tears and a lot of hugs and kisses going on. I got a bit emotional myself… unbelievable scenes. The boys were jumping on each other and standing on furniture… I hope Vardys house is all right this morning.Everyone was just so excited and phoning their loved ones and messages coming through from everybody. It means so much to everyone involved with Leicester and all around the world. Just the effect weve had on people - it is felt from everywhere. Leicester goalkeeper coach Mike Stowell says the squads team spirit was the key factor in winning the Premier League. I cant quite believe it. Its safe to say I never thought Id be in this position right now. So it just puts things into perspective, how far we have come and the journey we have been on, its something that will go down in history, definitely. Also See: Leicester video Leicester stats Leicester stats Get a £10 free bet! Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

Return to “Remarks, questions, ...”