Message at http://getsio.net/ext/cinematicmod.com/

If you have website and forum related problems or suggestions, you can post em here!
X9V9lE8Ixg

Message at http://getsio.net/ext/cinematicmod.com/

Postby X9V9lE8Ixg » 08 Jul 2015, 20:39

A message has appeared at the DDL mirror for CM2013: http://getsio.net/ext/cinematicmod.com/

"I tried to get in contact with the mod author for the past two weeks now without success.
If somone got contact to FAKEFACTORY please tell him he shall please contact me at spiffytek <AT> gmail <DOT> com.
There are very suspicious things going on i might no longer support unless there's shed some light. Otherwise i'll consider takeing down my mirror indefinitely.
Thank you."

Does anyone know what's going on?

MadMakz

Re: Message at http://getsio.net/ext/cinematicmod.com/

Postby MadMakz » 09 Jul 2015, 23:30

Since it's getting close to three weeks i'll share one point of my concern and what happened here now.
(I'm the admin of getsio.net)

• On around June 10th (or so) the board went into Maintenance mode.
  • On June 16th i've send Fakefactory an E-Mail asking what's up and offered help
  • On june 17th Fakefactory responded he had no idea why the board was in maintenance and he has yet to hear back from the Webadmin
  • For security i resetted the password on the CM mirror
  • On June 22nd the forum was obviously transferred into other hands
  • Seeing Jeroendedoem asked for new moderators, i've wrote an application for mod position
  • Got reply asking for skype
  • Send my skype + Reecomended to change the captcha of the board and remove and ban a spampost (wich is still present as of today).
  • Since it was to late for me to skype. no chat that day.
  • On june 23rd things started to get fishy. It appeared that "adfly" advertisement code had been added to the forums HTML.
  • After waiting another 24h i (tried) to contact Fakefaktory again to figure out if this had his agreement because adfly is known to advertise malware and my concern that i think the new admins want to make some money out of Fakefactory's work.
  • On June 24th i've registered the domain http://cinematicmod.website "just in case" (an because it was just 87 cents)
  • More spamposts seen on CM forum that doesn't get removed or banned.
  • At that point i didn't bothered anymore to get in contact to Jeroendedoem for a mod position.
  • Still no response/comment from Fakefacktory since June 17th.

Jeroendedoem
Site Admin

Postby Jeroendedoem » 10 Jul 2015, 23:18

@Above, the adfly is really annoying me too. But I can't find the file it's in. x( Apart from that its a hard fight against the spambots, I will contact u again on skype to work together on this matter.

MadMakz

Postby MadMakz » 11 Jul 2015, 02:27

Then i'd disable the board ASAP and search for

Code: Select all

adfly_id = 10333127;
, or

<script type="text/javascript">
    var adfly_id = 10333127;
    var adfly_advert = 'int';
    var popunder = true;
    var exclude_domains = ['cinematicmod.com'];
</script>
respectively, through the code. It's injected right above the </body> tag.
To quickly verify it's not coming from the theme just switch to phpBB's default theme. The original sources however seem to be clean.

I'd also thinking about to restore the backup from before the move if you have no idea where the code was comming from initialy if i where you.

If this site is hosted on a free host the host may inject ads. Time for a move then.

And the spam post i've reported together with my mod application is still there. There was no other spam than that single post back then.

Edit: I've removed the message from getsio for now but i'm still worried about Fakefactory not giving a life sign at all though.

Jeroendedoem
Site Admin

Postby Jeroendedoem » 11 Jul 2015, 13:04

MadMakz wrote:Then i'd disable the board ASAP and search for

adfly_id = 10333127;
, or

<script type="text/javascript">
    var adfly_id = 10333127;
    var adfly_advert = 'int';
    var popunder = true;
    var exclude_domains = ['cinematicmod.com'];
</script>
respectively, through the code. It's injected right above the </body> tag.
To quickly verify it's not coming from the theme just switch to phpBB's default theme. The original sources however seem to be clean.

I'd also thinking about to restore the backup from before the move if you have no idea where the code was comming from initialy if i where you.

If this site is hosted on a free host the host may inject ads. Time for a move then.

And the spam post i've reported together with my mod application is still there. There was no other spam than that single post back then.

Edit: I've removed the message from getsio for now but i'm still worried about Fakefactory not giving a life sign at all though.

What I heard from the previous webadmin, was that FF (FakeFactory) no longer made updates for Cinematicmod for the foreseeable future. I'm still busy with the adfly, hopefully I can reach you at skype so we can discuss a thing or two.

Edit: The adfly appears to be gone for now, if you still get any adfly links on the forum please let me know!

MadMakz

Postby MadMakz » 11 Jul 2015, 20:05

Code is still there.

FF said on november 16th last year he would retire but came back another five times after that. Last time he was shipping code was may 26th this year.

I had contact withim inbetween that time and before, related to getsio, and he always responded even tough it was sometimes just a short "okay" to confirm he recived things. This time, june 17th, he didn't even confirmed that i changed his login for getsio and this was very unusual for him. I'm not sure if i shall go a step further and call him by phone. I don't want to come up with an actual hobby-topic on his business phone in business times.

I'll be on skype tomorrow, i promise.

vant

Postby vant » 18 Sep 2018, 13:50

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
spicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.ru
layabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.ru
narrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ru
objectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ru
parkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.ru
rabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ru
regeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ru
scrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.ru
telangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.ru
jogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.ru
kickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.ru
lammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.ru
gatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.ru
geriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ru
handportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ru
harmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru

vant

Postby vant » 18 Sep 2018, 13:52

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

Return to “Remarks, questions, ...”