CM Website Header Image Contest: The Poll

If you have website and forum related problems or suggestions, you can post em here!
Myersguy

Re: CM Website Header Image Contest

Postby Myersguy » 02 Mar 2010, 01:51

Jodeth wrote:
raviool wrote:*quote with images*

Yah... I call bs too. I think somebody's logging into 10 different computers and rating themselves.. or getting friends to vote. idk. maybe "no effort" in this dying world is all there's left to offer. 2nd pick right there... the lambda is backwards... FAIL. xP

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with him, or calling my images shit... I only ask because at the time of reading this, I have 10 votes.

Anyways, the lambda is only backwards because I flipped the Gordon render, and forgot to fix it, it's an easy fix. Also, I have not used any other computers or accounts to vote for myself.

JoWannes
Site Admin

Postby JoWannes » 02 Mar 2010, 20:07

OK guys.

What's happening now is sad. :( As some of you already thought, multiple accounts have been registered from the same IP. I saw 4x the same IP, and also 2x the same IP.

I will ban these users; but the problem is I can't see who voted for which header image. Because of that, I'm afraid I'll need to disqualify "Myersguy" and "ShowTime_09"...

At the moment, I can't say what I'll do with the poll, I'm sorry. :S

Jodeth

Postby Jodeth » 02 Mar 2010, 21:38

JoWannes wrote:OK guys.

What's happening now is sad. :( As some of you already thought, multiple accounts have been registered from the same IP. I saw 4x the same IP, and also 2x the same IP.

I will ban these users; but the problem is I can't see who voted for which header image. Because of that, I'm afraid I'll need to disqualify "Myersguy" and "ShowTime_09"...

At the moment, I can't say what I'll do with the poll, I'm sorry. :S

Hmm.. Start over the vote counter (?)

raviool

Postby raviool » 03 Mar 2010, 20:56

I don't think you need to disqualify them, just warn them about it or something. If they try this again on the new poll, then they should get disqualified. I understand, if you DQ Showtime_09 because his image sure wasn't worth all the votes but myersguy's are quite good.

JoWannes
Site Admin

Postby JoWannes » 03 Mar 2010, 21:21

New poll (03/03/2010) because of unauthorised votes.

I'll check the new created accounts and their IP's. If I see something abnormal, I'll cancel the poll and I'll decide, together with FakeFactory. Easy like this.

Boomer

Postby Boomer » 03 Mar 2010, 23:51

I must ask, how come you guys do this? Is it purely out of the good of heart? Because, well, you guys make these extraordinary graphical enhancements for Half-Life 2, yet, you can't make a logo yourselves? I seems like you would be able to make a pretty sweet one, you know?

Just curious, is all. (thumb_2)

raviool

Postby raviool » 04 Mar 2010, 00:47

I wondered that too, the textures should be a lot harder to make than a simple Image.
Last edited by raviool on 16 Mar 2010, 19:07, edited 2 times in total.

Jodeth

Postby Jodeth » 05 Mar 2010, 23:35

Why does my vote keep changing & going towards Header Image 10? Everyday I check this site and always find my vote had changed!! Are we not allowed to vote once for ourselves?? Is Myersguy hacking the votes?? Something isn't right.

JoWannes
Site Admin

Postby JoWannes » 06 Mar 2010, 15:43

Boomer wrote:I must ask, how come you guys do this? Is it purely out of the good of heart? Because, well, you guys make these extraordinary graphical enhancements for Half-Life 2, yet, you can't make a logo yourselves? I seems like you would be able to make a pretty sweet one, you know?

raviool wrote:I wondered that too, the textures should be a lot harder to make than a simple image.

FF makes the CM. Because there was no website for the CM, I made the website and started this forum. While I made the website, I made a simple header image, the current one. After I finished, I asked FF if he agreed with the header image, or if he wanted to make a header image... but... he didn't give me one, so I kept the one I made myself.
Some time ago, I thought, maybe I can ask someone else to create a nice header image... And then I got the idea for a header contest. Little bit interaction with the community, always good. ;|)

Jodeth wrote:Why does my vote keep changing & going towards Header Image 10? Everyday I check this site and always find my vote had changed!! Are we not allowed to vote once for ourselves?? Is Myersguy hacking the votes?? Something isn't right.

That's strange. You can vote for your own header image, that can't be a problem. Hacking the votes...? As I as admin can't see / change the votes, how could he do this...?
Please change your password, to make your account isn't hacked.

Boomer

Postby Boomer » 06 Mar 2010, 17:35

Thank you for the response, it all makes sense now. :)

PS: I just noticed that my vote automatically jumped to number 10, what the ****? I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, Myersguy should be disqualified.

Return to “Remarks, questions, ...”