Cinematic Mod 6
My retirement from my retirement
During the development of the previous version, I stated my intention of withdrawing from the modding business. I did that. One month. I love the modding to much to give up, but I want to hold my word: CM5 is dead. But now CM6 is here.
I've learned my lession and so let me say these very clear words: This mod is the result of my own very personal taste. If you don't like the mod, delete it. But please… STFU… and let other people decide for themself.
Purose of this mod
- Raise the quite outdated graphical appearance to a state-of-the-art level
- Give the HL2 trilogy a more stressed, darker and minatory look
- Complement the atmosphere with a emotional cinematic music soundtrack, that fits the action on the screen
- Replace the low-resolution textures with high resolution counterparts and more detailed environments (hires melones!)
- Complement the storyline with the unused content from the original games - Refresh the look and feel with optional new HD models
- Add more replay-value
- CRITICAL: Updated the mod for compatibility with latest engine version 14 build 3343
- Added Resistance fighters to map outland_12 for a more intense final fight.
- Fixed one wrong skin texture (Female Warrior)
- Changed some songs in ep2
- Increased foliage renderdistance on DX9+
- Fixed a wrong ini entry in the Character Pimper ("Directory not found" error)
- Reworked HD citizen/resistance (less plastic look, more detailed facemaps - BETA!)
- Fixed a lipsync issue with mossmann -> You need to re-install mossman via Character Pimper for taking effect
- Fixed a resizing bug with Character Pimper on small desktop resolutions
- Enabled Autosave in EP1
- Reworked some of the Alyx models for better vertex weighting
- Added some new models
- Fixed a bug with Character Pimper not activating HD models in HL2
- Fixed a bug, when english audio was selected
Changes since CM 4/5
- More Alyx variations
- Reworked sounds and music
- Almost all textures reworked or updated
- Added Hires-Detail-Overlays
- Fixed two potential crash-bugs
- One pack for all episodes
Remember to activate "High Quality" graphic settings in the options dialog.
This mod's binaries are modified for memory allocation beyond 2GB.
To prevent STEAM from overwriting this binaries with its own copies on each start, the mod ist using a little launcher, that reroutes Steam's original binaries to >NIL.
Start this mod only with the shortcuts in your start menu (that were created during installation)!
32 bit Warning
This mod was developed and tested on 64 Bit Windows. It is not supported on 32 Bit Windows, because of the limited userspace with 32 Bit systems. You can try it on 32 Bit, but prepare for crashes.
On some 32 Bit systems it is possible to overcome this limitation with some boot.ini switches for raising the userspace limit. I'm not going into detail here, because those tweaks are dangerous and should only be done by people, who are knowing exactly, what they do.
- DX9 capable graphics hardware with minimum 256 MB VRAM. (512 MB recommended)
- 2.5 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Fully installed Steam client. You can't start the mod without Steam running.
- Fully installed and unlocked HL2 / EP1 / EP2. Make sure, you have started those games in the past.
HD models and the Caracter Pimper
By default most of the optional HD-models are disabled. You can use the "Character Pimper" to switch between HD models and original VALVE models.
The Alyx HD-model was built from scratch, all other models are based on massive modified POSER7 models and compiled with a rewritten studiocompiler, that is allowing a much higher polycount than VALVE's original compiler. The facial animations were build with 3DS MAX and exported with Cannonfodders VTA -exporter.
- Adobe Photoshop CS2
- 3DS MAX 8
- E-Frontier Poser 7
- Microsoft C++ Visual Studio 2005
- Powerbasic 8
- VALVE Source SDK
- Sony Soundforge 7
- Sony Vegas 7
- Crazy Bump 5
- Cannonfodders SDK tools
- Autoplay Mediastudio Pro
- Setup Factory
- Own photos